Biggest week ever (Read 1221 times)

I know its a very small distance compared to some of you but this week for the first time I ran more than 60km. In fact I ran 61.9km (38.7miles). The training program I've written to get me to a half marathon maxes out at 65km (40.6miles) and finally I know I'm going to be able to do it Smile
      Nice job. I recently ran a new high weekly mileage (only 25 Tongue) too, but haven't repeated it yet. Keep it up!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, you are gonna rock that race--there are peeps who do full marathons on mileage like that! Nice work, Mandy. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

thanks kirsten - i sure hope so. i averaged 38k a week for the 8 weeks up to my last half - this one i'll be averaging 60km a week for those 8 weeks. well done on your increased mileage too dustin - looks like it paid off for you - nice job on the new 5k PR!
            thanks kirsten - i sure hope so. i averaged 38k a week for the 8 weeks up to my last half - this one i'll be averaging 60km a week for those 8 weeks. well done on your increased mileage too dustin - looks like it paid off for you - nice job on the new 5k PR!
            Awesome job, Mandy! All those miles will help translate that 5K speed you worked on last year into a nice big PR for you in the HM.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Awesome week Mandy!! You're going to rock your race!!

Another Passion

Well done, Mandy! There's no substitute for preparation, other than luck, but I don't think you'll find a lot of that in a race. Keep it up!

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job, Mandy! I would love to get there some day, but it will take awhile!

You'll ruin your knees!

and finally I know I'm going to be able to do it Smile
                    That is good stuff right there! The mental aspect of this sport is so overlooked. I have had my mind drag my body across many a finish line! Way to go Mandy! Woot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Lazy idiot

Nice job, Mandy. Keep up the great work!

Tick tock

Wow, you are gonna rock that race--there are peeps who do full marathons on mileage like that!
                        Yup, I ran a full and I don't think I've ever covered 38.7 miles in a week. I agree with Zoomie you're gonna rock your half!

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The Greatest of All Time

Good work....shows dedication. Outstanding. If running was easy everyone would do it, but very few actually do. Cool
                          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                            Nicely done! And your log shows you are consistently keeping up good mileage, so you must be feeling confident of running a good race. My guess is your 1:45 goal is in the bag! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

thanks everyone. this week was another "biggest ever" even if only by a tiny bit more than last week. 63.2km (39.5miles). thanks for the vote of confidence simon - i really hope so!