Sub 5:00 Mile! (Read 1593 times)

Alleluia! After three straight mile races at 5:00.xx, I have finally broken the 5:00 barrier! I did it yesterday at a dual meet. I am EXTREMELY happy. This was pretty much my only goal going into the season, and I only have two meets left (maybe three), so this was big for me. As for the other freshmen on my team, they were unbelievable as usual. We had a 4:51 and a 4:53 in the mile, a 2:11 in the 800, and a 10:43 in the two mile. Some of our top distance guys weren't there, so us freshmen had a chance to score (I didn't, we had a few really good guys in my race). Man, we have some great guys on our team, the future is just so exciting! Just thought I'd throw this out there...
    PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
    JakeKnight

What exactly was your time? Whatever it was - I think you need to update your sig line down there. Wink

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Think Whirled Peas

Congrats Brad! That's awesome. Now it's the march to 4:50!!!! Go on w/your bad self! Tongue Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! That's great news.

Non ducor, duco.

You also need to change your screen name. You ain't average, dude! Congrats!

Alleluia! After three straight mile races at 5:00.xx, I have finally broken the 5:00 barrier! I did it yesterday at a dual meet. I am EXTREMELY happy. This was pretty much my only goal going into the season, and I only have two meets left (maybe three), so this was big for me.
              Congratulations! When I was in high school, I had the exact same goal and broke it about the same point in the season. Of course, I was a senior and you are a freshman. Nice work!
              What exactly was your time?
              According to his log he ran a 4:55.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Congratulations! When I was in high school, I had the exact same goal and broke it about the same point in the season. Of course, I was a senior and you are a freshman. Nice work!
                And Blaine runs 2:40-ish marathons now!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Well done frosh.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Congratulations Speedy Frosh!!! Smile

Michelle

ultramarathon/triathlete

dude that's awesome. way to go.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team

I remember breaking 5 when I was in 10th grade and like you I seemed to hover right over 5 forever. People told me once I broke it there was no looking back...they were pretty much right...you will be down in 4:40's before you know it. FIXED
                        2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)

Why is it sideways?

I remember breaking 5 when I was in 10th grade and like you I seemed to hover right over 5 forever. People told me once I broke it there was no looking back...they were pretty much right...you will be down in 5:40's before you know it.
                          You mean 4:40's, right?
                            CONGRATS! Definitely not so average!

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

duplicate post

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

My stepsons who are 16 and 18 run HS track and I've been to enough meets to know this is a BIG DEAL. Way to go!