Medrol dosepak? (Read 684 times)

Best Present Ever

I've had an issue with my knees swelling since July 20. Both knees at first, though the left knee has pretty much resolved. The right knee is much better, but every time I get on a roll with running, it starts getting puffy again. I've seen the orthopedist several times, had cortisone injected and now am about to try a short course of oral steroids. Anyone ever try this for something similiar? did it work? please say yes. Not running is driving me nuts.
      I was put on something similar when I had acute Tendonitis in my heel earlier this year. YES it worked, like a charm. I was pain free within 3 days, and able to resume training shortly thereafter. The drug you are taking is Prednisone, and it interupts the inflamation cycle, and allows the tendons to heal. Too much prednisone can be very dangerous, that is why it is given in small doses, and is carefully monitored by your doctor. In your case the does pack is a taper down, with the highest doeses first and then taper down. As long as you dont take too much prednisone too often, it can be used with great success. I am sure Trent can chime in for more technical stuff on it though..... Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Best Present Ever

I don't work in orthopedics (at all!) but i'm a nurse with a phd so i have general sense of the mechanism of action and whatnot ... the key is, it worked! that's what i want to hear. Let's hope I have the same sort of luck with my mystery swelling .
          Best of Luck with that! Mystery swelling sounds kinda scary though....??? I was on a 5mg PredPack, for a 7 day taper I think, really low dose, but Man it worked really fast. I had significant swelling on the outside of my heel on the right side, and could not bear weight on that foot without a immobilization boot. I returned to running 2 weeks later. Hopefully you will have the same result. Smile

Best Present Ever

from your mouth ...