suggested FAQ changes (Read 574 times)

sluggo

John

Since you asked (It would not have occurred to me otherwise.) - here are some suggested changes to the FAQ's: ################################################## OLD FAQ 2. How do I change my time zone? By default, time is set to Greenwich Mean Time. Unless you live there, your time of days will be wrong. Most of the time, you won't notice this, except when you enter your runs and the date is occasionally set one day ahead, or the forum times seem to be way offset. Once you set your time zone, then everything will be displayed correctly. Here's how to do it: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on Locale Settings 3. Change "Time offset" to your time zone ################################################## NEW FAQ 2. How do I change my time zone? By default, time is set to Greenwich Mean Time. Unless you live there, your time of days will be wrong. Most of the time, you won't notice this, except when you enter your runs and the date is occasionally set one day ahead, or the forum times seem to be way offset. Once you set your time zone, then everything will be displayed correctly. Here's how to do it: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on Locale Settings 3. Change "Time offset" to your time zone 4. Enter "Update" ################################################## OLD FAQ 3. How do I change the first day of the week? Some of us prefer Sunday as the first day of the week while others prefer Monday. Here's how you can change the first day of the week for your training log: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on Locale Settings. 3. In the First day of week drop down, select your prefer day. 4. Click Save. ################################################## NEW FAQ 3. How do I change the first day of the week? Some of us prefer Sunday as the first day of the week while others prefer Monday. Here's how you can change the first day of the week for your training log: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on Locale Settings. 3. In the First day of week drop down, select your prefer day. 4. Click Update. ################################################## OLD FAQ 4. How do I create new workout types or run types? Everyone has a different set of workouts, and it is impossible to list all the workouts while making the log easy to use. The training log has a small set of common workouts. You can create additional workout (for example: "walking", "yoga", kickboxing") or run types. In other words, you can customize your log. Here's how you can add new types: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on My Log Preferences. 3. Near the bottom of the page is a list of workout types for your log. Click on the appropriate link to add a new type in that category. 4. Click Save when you are done. ################################################## NEW FAQ 4. How do I create new workout types or run types? Everyone has a different set of workouts, and it is impossible to list all the workouts while making the log easy to use. The training log has a small set of common workouts. You can create additional workout (for example: "walking", "yoga", kickboxing") or run types. In other words, you can customize your log. Here's how you can add new types: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on "Manage My Activities." 3. Click on "New Activity" 4. Enter your activity Name. 5. If appropriate, check off the box for "Most of my workouts are of this activity." 6. Select your preferred color for this activity from the Color drop down color picker. 7. If appropriate, check off the box for 'Check a "Race" type for this activity" ################################################## OLD FAQ 5. How do I change my default unit system? Runners from all over the world use RunningAHEAD.com every day to keep track of their training. The log might not be configured to display your data in the correct units. Follow these steps to change it: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on Locale Settings 3. Change "Default unit system" to either metric or English ################################################## NEW FAQ 5. How do I change my default unit system? Runners from all over the world use RunningAHEAD.com every day to keep track of their training. The log might not be configured to display your data in the correct units. Follow these steps to change it: 1. Click on Options (upper right hand corner). 2. Click on Locale Settings 3. Change "Default unit system" to either metric or English 4. Click Update. ################################################## The FAQ's for 6 & 7 look OK to me. Hope this is useful to you!

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

eric :)

Thanks sluggo!
      efgrimes

What happened to the "Time offset" section in the Locale settings? My time zone is way off and I cannot find where to fix it. Thanks!

an amazing likeness

What happened to the "Time offset" section in the Locale settings? My time zone is way off and I cannot find where to fix it. Thanks!

Time Zone is now set as function of the browser, no longer a user-set parameter.  It is persisted via runningahead.com cookie.

In most cases, logging out and going through the user login process again will update time/locale, if not, deleting the runningahead.com cookies is second and then logging again is second suggestion.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think time zone is now set manually via Options / Locale / Regional / Time Zone

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.