Script Loop (Read 79 times)

Whenever I try to edit a course after having imported it from a GPX file, the script runs into a loop and that practically makes editing impossible. Is there a way you could fix that? The problem occurs with IE, Firefox, and Chrome, so it is actually not a browser issue, I guess.

eric :)

Hi XFatMan,

Could you point me to such a map so I can take a look?  Thanks!

eric Smile

It happens with any map I try to edit. I go to Courses, click any map to edit, and the script keeps running until the pop-up message from the browser asks me to stop it. But that doesn’t help because the script keeps running and the browser freezes while the script runs.

XFatMan,

I see what you mean.  There is something special about your maps.  I'm looking into it now.

eric Smile

I don't think there is anything special about my .gpx files. They come straight from my Polar RCX5, but I don't believe this could be relevant, could it?

Hi XFatMan,

I looked into the issue.  It is caused by the large number of points in your maps.  I'm not sure what the difference is, but the script did run to completion on my development machine.  After the map was loaded, the browser was very slow due to Google's maps code handling the data points.  I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to improve performance since the bottleneck is within Google's code.  Which GPS did you use to create the maps?

eric Smile

I am using Polar's G5 GPS. My watch is set to record each second, which causes the large number of points. I think the only way to deal with it is patience. Thanks for looking into this.