Boston Marathon 2012 (Read 2370 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Congrats and good luck everyone!  I'll see you there since I've decided to run it bandit.  Can't hurt anyone, right?  

Juuuuust kidding, I'll be stuck at work, banditing my own job I guess.   But good luck to everyone none the less.  And beware those initial easy downhill miles!  Conserve and don't kill the quads bursting down at an effortless pace for six or so miles!  It'll haunt you at the Newton Hills later! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Queen of 3rd Place

Congrats on making Boston, Aussie Girl. I'm an Aussie near Niagara Falls, and I have no bloody chance of qualifying -- it's tv for me. Enjoy the race...

That's what I used to think! 

srlopez, are you kidding about those temps? That's too hot for me...boohiss...

Ex runner

xhristopher

I have a view of the Freedom Trail from my desk here in Boston and can report that the tourists are trending skinnier as the week goes on.

The skinny people are coming. The skinny people are coming.

I think I heard 80.  I'm from a country that's predominantly desert, and I don't like those kind of temps. 

xor

I think I heard 80.  I'm from a country that's predominantly desert, and I don't like those kind of temps. 

Yes, you heard that from me in the very first post of this very thread.

HOWEVER!  That was the forecast for Monday from a couple days ago.  Which is fictional, and will change... and has changed.

I just peeked again, and the current forecast is a high of 64.

Which will likely change a few dozen times.

Everyone relax.

No Talent Drips

Dei Gratia

xhristopher

There's a Dairy Queen on the right side of the road at Mile 4. Since it's trending towards high 80s with humidity and snow you can meet me there at about 10:30. I'll be the dude with the large Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard.

xhristopher

I bet these come in lobstah flavah for you.

I'm Betty if you're Al

There's a Dairy Queen on the right side of the road at Mile 4. Since it's trending towards high 80s with humidity and snow you can meet me there at about 10:30. I'll be the dude with the large Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard.

Even better, there is a chinese restaurant next door that serves mean mai tais.  

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

xor

A chinese mai tai.  Now we're talking.

As long as it has no msg.

SAY HEY....

If y'all desire, place your numbers in this thread and I will re-collect them in the first post.

I followed everyone's progress last year during the race and it was great big fun.

Treadmill Addict

If y'all desire, place your numbers in this thread and I will re-collect them in the first post.

I followed everyone's progress last year during the race and it was great big fun.

I would love to follow the RA Boston runners too!

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

chuckstone

Ok, bib # 15777.  Wave 2, corral 7.  Hoping to break 3:30 for a new PR and to finish better than my bib #. 

I'm Betty if you're Al

TMackAttack 14748

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

bhearn

RAer NUMBERS AND GOALS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO FOLLOW ALONG MONDAY

WAVE ONE (10a start)

bhearn   2469          Goal: PR (< 2:58:41)

WAVE ONE (10a start)

ccowden     1089     Just a fun long run for me this year.