How to get the perfect race finish photo? (Read 2965 times)

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

So what do you think is the best way to get a good finish photo? Should you just sprint hard and hope for a good expression? Should you just put a smile on and jog in? Or should you raise your arms or raise a pointer finger to say number 1? I have always just run past the photographers normally in my previous races. The photos usually are pretty plain. This time I decided to pose for the camera to see if I could get a good one to buy. Most of the photos from my last race were terrible. I definitely tried to hard to “pose” for the camera. However, I thought this one turned out pretty well. Please feel free to critique it. I really want to know what makes a race photo look best. http://www.marathonfoto.com/view_watermark.cfm?CustomerNumber=S19557&NegsNumber=55902465&Orientation=P

Why is it sideways?

That's a pretty good one, but I'd like to see a little more pain-face.
      mikeymike

That's a pretty good one, but I'd like to see a little more pain-face.
        How's this? http://www.capstonephotostore.com/athletedetails.php?imgnum=1764777&flag_page=sr

Runners run

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Yea I have another picture that I like a lot where it looks like I am straining hard to smile. That one is pretty good. In my defense for the picture on the link above, I had a massive puking attack(There is a stomach virus going around our area) at mile 12 of that half and I still managed a 7:35 13 mile and a 5:00 per mile pace for the last down hill quarter mile. I think that is something to smile about?

Go Pre!

This link doesn't work for me.
            nor me.

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

theyapper

On the road again...

There's a link??

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

This link doesn't work for me.
                  http://www.capstonephotostore.com/athletedetails.php?imgnum=1764777&flag_page=sr Jeez, you would think it is rocket science or something! All you have to do is navigate to the link above, click the home link, click “lost and Found” specifically for the Bay State Marathon, Click the second picture, then paste the url into your browser, and finally navigate to that URL! Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Just kidding of course! I have no idea why that actually works but it does. The picture is of runner 934.
                  JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

This direct link should work also! http://www.capstonephotostore.com/uploaded/BY08/preview/BY08MB2603.jpg Photo ID: BY08MB2603.jpg
                      I like that one. Mikey~ that's a great shot too. I like the look of determination on your face! I've thrown my hands up a few times but I never really thought about positioning until I ran Boston last year. I sped past someone and moved over to a side so that I could be mostly alone in the shot. It's my favorite. Smile http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/lifesabeach/Bostonfinishaltered.jpg

Jennifer mm#1231

Hoodoo Guru

What to do: Grimace or have a look of grim determination. What not to do: Don't look at your watch. Don't get beat by someone right at the finish line. Don't let pumping arms block your face. Don't trip over finish line mat (but remember, you can't be caught looking at the mat either. No one said this was going to be easy.)

The tangents are moot.

xor

I don't know about the perfect picture. Everything has to work together... a look of triumph or pain... both can be nice, if 100 other aspects work out. Most of my finishing pictures look the same (terrible): me hitting the stop button on my watch. Here's one where I'm making a Charlie Brown "AAAAAAUUUUUUGH" face. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Here's a fun one. Nothing special. EXCEPT. Look very carefully at the chick next to me. She is completing her half marathon walk as I am completing the full. See that big orange thing? Image and video hosting by TinyPic That's right. She walked the race carrying a giant pumpkin. This was a race that was held in September of 2007. Not a Halloween race. WEIRD.

Here's a fun one. Nothing special. EXCEPT. Look very carefully at the chick next to me. She is completing her half marathon walk as I am completing the full. See that big orange thing? Image and video hosting by TinyPic That's right. She walked the race carrying a giant pumpkin. This was a race that was held in September of 2007. Not a Halloween race. WEIRD.
                            tha funniest part about that picture is that it really needed explaining...you're grimmacing and she is seemingly cruising ...in the SAME event. Clowning around

Jennifer mm#1231