I learned how to ride a bike yesterday. (Read 1120 times)

wickedlady

Yes, at 33 years old, I finally learned how to ride a bike yesterday!  This has been a source of embarassment my whole life.  I decided that I needed to forget about being self-conscious and figure it out.... I'm sooo happy that I did and can't wait to get a bike and start riding around town! Just thought I'd share.  It's never too late to learn things... yay!
    KerraM

Way to go! That's awesome!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome!  You are going to love your new form of transportation! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wickedlady

Awesome!  You are going to love your new form of transportation! Big grin

Yes!  I live in Denver, a huge biking city.  First in the country to have a citywide bike rental program.  Being around it so much was definitely a motivator.  Also finding another buddy who wanted to learn too was great for me.  We both had the magic moment yesterday, I've been smiling about it ever since!  Now I just have to figure out what kind of bike I should buy.. obviously I don't have any experience with that at all. lol    

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope the bike rental program is successful.  I believe that has gone over well in other countries.  Sure would be nice to see it implemented more widely in the US.

~ Sarah Kay

wickedlady

it's very popular here... so far so good!

A Saucy Wench

Congrats!  Funny, it clicked for both my kids yesterday as well.  Yesterday must have had good biking vibes.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That is fantastic! That is a big hurdle to overcome - congratulations!

TRUST THE PROCESS

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations. (You're probably ahead of Bonkin already.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh. 

~ Sarah Kay

Ouch.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

My youngest learned to pop and hold a wheelie as well as bunny hop up the curb yesterday.  My oldest is more graceful on a bike then his own two feet.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

wickedlady

I think I am going to attempt a lap at the local park with a bike path this weekend.  Eek!