Intervals (Read 947 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm trying to add my last race, and it does fine until I try to add intervals. It was a 50k at 6:21:57, and the log takes it OK. When I try to add two 25k intervals (each loop) at 3:01:59 and 3:19:58 I get this error message: #22003Out of range value adjusted for column 'int_seconds' at row 1 Any ideas?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

eric :)

Hi Russ! I limited the max value for each interval, thinking that no one in their right mind would put in 3 hour intervals. I was wrong. I'll loosen the restrictions tonight. By the way, congrats on the completion of the 50k!
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Those are really laps, not intervals. Should laps and intervals be different? You can have a lap for any run type, while intervals are a run type.

When I designed it, an interval is just any given distance that you wish to time. Its use can be refined when combined with the run type. So for a race, an interval could be mile splits while something else for a different run type.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I understand. However, as you know, in running an interval is a specific thing. I like the idea of being able to do laps/splits for all my logging. If I run a marathon, I may want to list it as a race (with place in the field, etc) but still put in my mile splits/laps if I have them. I have a training run loop that I do, 2 times around a three mile loop. I want to classify it as a training run rather than as an interval run, but still put in my times for each lap. But I don't call any of these things intervals.

I understand what you're saying. The issue here is the wording. I feel that "interval" is clearer than "lap" because it's more generic.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Splits? That is a very generic term. By the way, if I have not said it lately, THIS IS A GREAT SITE AND ERIC IS KING AMONG HOSTS!!!

Splits? That is a very generic term.
                  The intervals form allows you to enter 3 types: interval, recovery, and rest. Although splits would describe what you're doing during the workout, there is no equivalent for the other two. I wanted to create something that can handle all situations and in a way, it did. The wording though is something to be desired.
                  By the way, if I have not said it lately, THIS IS A GREAT SITE AND ERIC IS KING AMONG HOSTS!!!
                  Whoa! Where did that come from? I do it because I enjoy it. I prefer not to receive these praises because honestly, I get rather embarassed when I read them.

Perfesser, I fixed the problem. You now can create intervals of over 24 hours long. I have no idea why anyone would run that long, but they can do that now. eric Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

Hi Russ! I limited the max value for each interval, thinking that no one in their right mind would put in 3 hour intervals. I was wrong. I'll loosen the restrictions tonight. By the way, congrats on the completion of the 50k!
                      Thanks! I've never claimed to be in my right mind. Maybe you should keep it at 3 hours, I'd have some incentive to get faster! Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Arek

Hi,

Could you, please, explain what is the "interval set"? I don't understand how to use it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hi,

Could you, please, explain what is the "interval set"? I don't understand how to use it.

Interval set is just where you can give a name for what the intervals are.

If you are running 400ms (one lap) intervals on a track, in a pattern of 400m fast, 400m jog recovery, then you could call the interval set 400s. That's what I do. I suppose you could be more descriptive than me, and call it 400s with 400 recovery. Then you'd put in your time for the first 400 and pick "interval" for that row, and put in your time for the recovery jog and pick "recovery" for that row, and repeat...

Another example: You are running 100ms on the track, with 60s rest in-between. I would name the interval set 100s. You enter your first 100m time and make that row "interval", then you enter 60s on the next row (no distance) and make that row "rest".

You can also put in splits from general runs or races using the intervals section (Trent alluded to this above).

Suppose you raced a marathon, and you want to put in your results, and they've published 5K splits. You can put in each 5K split on a row under intervals, with type "interval" (by process of elimination has to be interval, b/c not recovery or rest!)   I'd call the interval set "5K splits" in this case.

Now if the marathon site publishes both 5K splits and half-marathon split, you can't put both in using this technique -- you can put the other into the notes section instead.

Summary: Interval Set is a place for you to put whatever name you want.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.