How do you make yours runs a priority? (Read 960 times)

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Somebody (with more room left in their sig.) needs to quote that. Perfect. Smile
    I agree. That quote is awesome. I'll let one of the cooler people on the boards do that, even though its a great idea.

Chris
    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

mb197314

I am trying to get more consistent with my runs. I would like to get at least 20 miles a week but end up with much less. I always get my long run but let life get in the way of my mid week runs. I am a SAHM to a 4yr old who just started school part-time and an 8yr old,so it would seem this would be much easier. This is what happens. DH or my best friend who wants me to babysit calls "what's on your agenda today?' My answer is always " oh I just have to run" How can I make myself say I'm running and then I can help you. I cannot run early because I have to get the kid's out the door and running at 5am is not my style. I can do short run's after dinner but I don't have alot of gas left if you know what I mean. I feel selfish saying I can't help you I have to run today. Any advise.
      HTFU and run at 5 a.m.

De-slacking in progress

I work/ drive back and forth to work 12 hrs day. I only get 5 hrs sleep per day. It take me 5 hrs per week to maintain my yard,etc. So I have to SCHEDULE my runs. I have it wrote on the calendar up to two weeks ahead of time and i stick to it. The best thing about writing out a schedule it that you get to see your DAYS OFF and you can sleep in or lay around if you are able to. I'm a working DAD/Husband (even though kids are grown up) When I first started running and my wife was still on the couch I felt a little guilty taking time away from her(not that stopped me from running) - she works days, I work afternoons so we only see each other a few times per week) But now she a C25K grad and we run together sometimes.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14