Sergey Bubka, CalBears, and Joey Chestnut (Read 119 times)

In an interview "Jaws" said he hoped to break the 80 dog barrier before his career is over... but I'll bet he could do it tomorrow if he wanted.

Also, he's a "rhythm" eater so he can gauge his progress during the contest... After his recent win he said:

"I was feeling good today... I found a vicious rhythm"

I can't believe they bring in the Brooklyn District Attorney to verify the tallies.

In an interview "Jaws" said he hoped to break the 80 dog barrier before his career is over... but I'll bet he could do it tomorrow if he wanted.

Also, he's a "rhythm" eater so he can gauge his progress during the contest... After his recent win he said:

"I was feeling good today... I found a vicious rhythm"

I can't believe they bring in the Brooklyn District Attorney to verify the tallies.

I totally believe the last part. That event is all about the showmanship, and the comical overstating of its significance.

On the first part - no way I can put myself in the mind of an elite performer in any activity. But it's hard to imagine that one would ever compete at anything less than their 100% best effort, when it's a goal or marquee event.

Dave

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I totally believe the last part. That event is all about the showmanship, and the comical overstating of its significance.

On the first part - no way I can put myself in the mind of an elite performer in any activity. But it's hard to imagine that one would ever compete at anything less than their 100% best effort, when it's a goal or marquee event.

Randy moss said that he didn't play all out all the time .

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Randy moss said that he didn't play all out all the time .

I would think (hope) he did when it came playoff time, which was part of my point. In any case, I am thinking more about competitors in individual sports, where you are in sole control of the outcome.

Dave

as for Sergey.... I believe he was being paid about $100k every time he broke the world record... so I think he kept breaking it in 1cm increments.

6.01m

6.02m, etc...

300m- 37 sec.