Deleting old device (Read 55 times)

delicate flower

Is there any way to delete an old device from the GPS upload option?  I recently purchased a 610 to replace my 410.  When I go to upload my data, the 410 is the default on the upload page and I have to click the dropdown box and choose the 610 instead.  I can't find anywhere to delete/disconnect that old device.

Just wondering.  Really not that big a deal at all but something I was curious about.

<3

cmb4314

Is there any way to delete an old device from the GPS upload option?  I recently purchased a 610 to replace my 410.  When I go to upload my data, the 410 is the default on the upload page and I have to click the dropdown box and choose the 610 instead.  I can't find anywhere to delete/disconnect that old device.

Just wondering.  Really not that big a deal at all but something I was curious about.

I think I remember someone asking this before, and the answer is to unpair the 410 from the Garmin ANT agent - the plugin is just pulling from the Garmin program, so it's not actually saved here on RA.

I have been meaning to do this since I replaced my 405 with a 410........11 months ago :P

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

delicate flower

That makes sense.  I'll give that a try tonight.

<3

delicate flower

the answer is to unpair the 410 from the Garmin ANT agent 

This worked.  Muchos fajitas.

<3

TakeAHike

...  I recently purchased a 610 to replace my 410.  ...

Was it worth the upgrade?  I am still sporting an old 405.  It is OK, but sometimes I secretly hope it will die and I'll have an excuse to replace it.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

delicate flower

Was it worth the upgrade?  I am still sporting an old 405.  It is OK, but sometimes I secretly hope it will die and I'll have an excuse to replace it.

IMO, yes.  I didn't need to replace my old 410.  It worked just fine.  There were a few functions the 610 offered that I was interested though, mainly the touchscreen, the four data field display, and the sound/vibration alerts.  One function I also like is that it knows when you're indoors and asks if you want to change to indoor mode, thus clicking 'yes' automatically swaps it over to foot pod mode without having to change a few different settings.

DW knew I was eyeing a 610.  Garmin is offering a $50 rebate if you send in your old watch (your 405 qualifies), so she told me just go buy it.  TWIST MY ARM.  I got mine at Costco.  $399 bundled with the watch, HRM, and foot pod.  Minus the rebate, $350 for all that is a good deal.

I've been using the 610 now for a few weeks and absolutely love it.

<3

TakeAHike

Excellent.   I may be off to Costo this weekend.  The reviews I have read sound very good.  I understand the 610 does not have the courses feature, which I rarely use, but has saved my bacon a couple time when I was trying out new running routes.  I'm pretty sure I can live without this feature, but I'll need to think about it some more.

Thanks for the heads up on the rebate and Costco deal.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

delicate flower

Excellent.   I may be off to Costo this weekend.  The reviews I have read sound very good.  I understand the 610 does not have the courses feature, which I rarely use, but has saved my bacon a couple time when I was trying out new running routes.  I'm pretty sure I can live without this feature, but I'll need to think about it some more.

Thanks for the heads up on the rebate and Costco deal.

I'm not familiar with the courses functionality and don't even know if my 410 had that.  The 610 will get you back to your starting point if you get lost, though I have yet to play with that.

Here's the link to the rebate offer:

http://garmin.blogs.com/files/rebate-offer-2013-gotr-trade-in-offer-50usd-coupon.pdf

By the way, I had a hell of time actually finding the 610 in Costco.  It was in the jewely case.  Big grin

<3

cmb4314

Glad that my suggestion worked for deleting the device from the RA list.  I *thought* that was how it worked, but I was half expecting to come back in this thread find out that I was spouting nonsense Wink

I'm not familiar with the courses functionality and don't even know if my 410 had that.  The 610 will get you back to your starting point if you get lost, though I have yet to play with that.

Here's the link to the rebate offer:

http://garmin.blogs.com/files/rebate-offer-2013-gotr-trade-in-offer-50usd-coupon.pdf

By the way, I had a hell of time actually finding the 610 in Costco.  It was in the jewely case.  Big grin

I don't know anything about the courses functionality either, though I do know that the 410 and 405 will both navigate you back to your starting point.  I have never needed to use this feature, but I have had it turn itself on when I got too sweaty (yay, sensitive touch bezel).

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

TakeAHike

The courses function allows you to input a training route directly into your watch.  You can design the training route in Garmin software, mapmyrun or similar mapping program.  When you start the course, it tells you to go straight, right or left.  If you go the wrong way, it will let you know that you are "off course".  Overall it is a relatively clunky feature that does not work very well on a watch with a small screen like the 405 or 410.  Occasionally, it told me I was off course when I was not.  Other times, I was off course and had to try process of elimination (left, right, back) before I figured out which way to go  Without a map, it is just not that great. Garmin probably figured that few people would miss it if they drop the feature.

However, I have used  this a few times when I was running a new route.  Each time I was glad I had it even it it isn't perfect.  If I buy the 610, I will probably just write the major turns on my hand when I am trying a new route.

Thanks for the link to the rebate Baboon.

I haven't tried Courses on my 310XT, but I've used it before on the old 305 when I was traveling and had a long run scheduled.  I could just noodle around, but if there was something interesting to run out to (lighthouse, cool store, statue, etc.), I mapped a route that got me there, hit my mileage need, and uploaded it to the Garmin.  Worked fairly well.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau