My Study Says Otherwise (Read 1437 times)

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I played this Russian guy in chess one time at his house.  He was murdering me.  Then he proclaimed, "Now vee playz Russian chezz".  He brought out a board with different sized shot-glasses for pieces.  He put beer in his pieces and vodka in mine.  When you take a player's piece you drink.  The idea is to even out who has the advantage by getting them more drunk.

Well, I'm not a drinker.  I kept getting worse.  He kept getting better.

I think he was double the legal limit when we finished and he was still mopping the floor with me.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

I played this Russian guy in chess one time at his house.  He was murdering me.  Then he proclaimed, "Now vee playz Russian chezz".  He brought out a board with different sized shot-glasses for pieces.  He put beer in his pieces and vodka in mine.  When you take a player's piece you drink.  The idea is to even out who has the advantage by getting them more drunk.

Well, I'm not a drinker.  I kept getting worse.  He kept getting better.

I think he was double the legal limit when we finished and he was still mopping the floor with me.

Don't ever drink vodka with a Russian.  Might as well go head-to-head with Dale Earnhardt Jr in a car race.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Lemme guess, the study was done by men.  In a bar. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Don't ever drink vodka with a Russian.  Might as well go head-to-head with Dale Earnhardt Jr in a car race.

Yes yes. And never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

beat

Break on through

I don't think the surveys they do for Family Feud count...

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

SMART Approach

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

BeeRunB

My guess is that the beers relax you. And everything works better when you are relaxed.

Menace to Sobriety

"According to a University of Illinois at Chicago study, men who drank a few beers were better at problem-solving than their sober counterparts."

Isn't not caring about your problems anymore technically the same as solving them?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Spaniel (dude), you're from Indiana.... Dale Jr.???

You're supposed to say "Tony Stewart" or "Jeff Gordon" or other local stars. 

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

#artbydmcbride

Yes yes. And never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

...or a land war in Asia

Runners run

And everything works better when you are relaxed.

Well, not everything

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Well now.  It depends on "a few".  Some tasks.... say, bowling, have a beer threshold.  A little makes you better... to a point. Over that, and you can't bowl for shit.  This has always been my test to determine "is x a sport?"  If there's a beer threshold where a little makes you better, then no.

As for problem solving, I guess it depends on the problem being solved.

I can tell you that after "a few" beers, I'm damn good at karaoke. Or at least I sound damn good to me.