Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2012) (Read 6766 times)

Good luck sorting your calf Redgraffle. At least you figured out a shoe issue before the race and not during.

Heelgrad92 up this weekend in Wrightsville. Looks like you've been putting in some good work. Good luck...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Do I get to be on the list even though I forgot to add my race before hand, or no?

Big grin

Do I get to be on the list even though I forgot to add my race before hand, or no?

Big grin

Since you crushed it and all, and the smuttynose robust porter is just kicking in....sure.

I was DNS at the Tom King half last weekend.

My races were close, but not quite, on target for BQ. I decided to step it up and run everything just a little harder to try and hit BQ in April.

Result: stress fracture in my fibula.

Six weeks in the pool and I will slowly work my way back. There is definitely a sub-90 in store for 2012, but it is going to have to be later in the year.

--

Nashville, TN

Result: stress fracture in my fibula.

Sorry to hear it. Good luck on the comeback. Will look for you later this year...

Can you add me too please?

My PR is about 1:37 right now but that was a couple years back and have since made major gains on my 5k and Marathon.

Have the Campus to Campus half marathon April 1 in which I'll be looking to be about 1:33-1:34 and then shoot for sub 1:30 later in the year.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Since you crushed it and all, and the smuttynose robust porter is just kicking in....sure.

Heh. That'll do it!

Thanks!

Go Pre!

Sub 1:30 is my goal for 2012 too. I mean WAS Smile

Good luck sorting your calf Redgraffle. At least you figured out a shoe issue before the race and not during.

Heelgrad92 up this weekend in Wrightsville. Looks like you've been putting in some good work. Good luck...

Cheers  - 2 runs since and no problems so well chuffed. Had a great 4 mile tempo run today at 6.34 min/mile which has given me great confidence for getting under 95 mins in a weeks time Smile

2015 Goals:

Sub 18 minute 5km

Sub 38 minute 10km

Break 1,000 miles for the year for the first time ever...

Stay healthy and keep focused

Sub 1:30 is my goal for 2012 too. I mean WAS Smile

You're such a 5 second upper. Gah.

Turbolegs

Candice .. congrats on your sub-90 .. and for your fantastic write-up on your blog. It was truly an inspirational read.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Ugh.  1:30:11 at National Half in DC.  Better tangents would have done it.  A little more aggressive on the hills, maybe.  Maybe not.  Any easier course perhaps.  Or was it that 50k I ran two weeks ago.  Whatevs.  I gave it what I had and Boston's the real prize.  Still . . .    

oh, i've been lurking

Oh not good - had a disaster of a long run on Saturday. Under pressure right from the start. I hope it was a result of a lot of tough sessions recently but confidence took a hammering during the 15 - 20 mins walking I did !!!!

Worst run in memory and as it happened a week before my race am hoping that a gentle taper will recharge the batteries nicely...

So annoyed haven't even filled in the training report yet - too depressed...

First run since it this evening so hoping to feel great and I can put the bad run down to fatigue

2015 Goals:

Sub 18 minute 5km

Sub 38 minute 10km

Break 1,000 miles for the year for the first time ever...

Stay healthy and keep focused

Back from vacation.

Nice run Daddyo, really nice run...but I'm not backdating the list anymore. You gots to be in to win.

Save Cheevers, MTHRFK that's close. Damn. Future race you want to be in for?

Redgraffle. Shake it off, you'll be alright.

Heelgrad, any comments on last weekend's race before I put ink on the result?

Good luck to CodeRunner coming up this weekend as well... 

Go Pre!

You're such a 5 second upper. Gah.

I only 1 seconded you last weekend!