Stupidest Race Mistake (Read 1581 times)

pokey52

I'd have to say sampling fava beans at a new ethnic restaurant the day before a half marathon. This along with a post race meal of fried fish and a bowl of creamy fish chowder made for the longest drive home in my life. The results were predictable but not pretty. Although I did cover that last few yards to the house in world record time!
    Mishka-old log

The last 800m race I ever ran. It's hard to recover from even small mistakes in an 800, and I didn't. I made a good move from 500m to 600m, but didn't hold my ground when the field started to come around me. I thought I'd save it for the last 100m. When we got there, I was too far back to play catch up, despite a strong kick. Didn't make the final by a spot or 2.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'd have to say sampling fava beans
        Did you have those with liver and a nice chianti?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

pokey52

Did you have those with liver and a nice chianti?
          ALWAYS!!!!
          racerunner1314

A friend and I ran an 9 mile race. We both had the same breakfast on the way there. A gallon bag of cheerios. We later found out that they were loaded with fiber. Thankfully there was a good amount of bathrooms along the way. We stopped at 9 out of 9 bathrooms. I will never eat fiber before a race again.