First 10-miler (Read 890 times)

Finally got past the 10-mile hump. 1:32:41. Felt good and celebrated by going to see the Allman Brothers with my two best friends. A good day. Shins are pretty sore today, though. Think it's time for a step-back week. Hockey, cycling, weights, running, sigh, need to give the legs/shins a break. Been running 5-6 days/week ~ 20 mpw and just jumped to 26 last week. Probably a bit agressive and need to lets ths shins rest a bit. Ice massage tonight. May do a slow jog tomorrow if the shins allow. If not, Tuesday. But will only run 3 times for around 10 miles this week.

redleaf

Congrats on getting past the milestone! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations! That is huge--I know that from personal experience (not going to hijack this thread so check out my log)! A step back week is probably a good idea, but glow in the accomplishment.

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Excellent ---- Great job..... Wink Im about two or three weeks from hitting my first 10......so I'm getting hyped....... Thanks for leading the way --- Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Ringmaster

Hey, congrats on the double-digit run!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Wahoo!!! Great going - and sounds like the perfect day to have done it with the concert and all. I've been building back from an injury and seem permanently stuck at the 8-mile mark. Enjoy your light week (having one myself) and be good to those shins!
              ~ Fly ~
              Only as much as I dream can I be.
              veggies on the run
                Wahoo!!! Great going - and sounds like the perfect day to have done it with the concert and all. I've been building back from an injury and seem permanently stuck at the 8-mile mark. Enjoy your light week (having one myself) and be good to those shins!
                Thanks, and thanks to all of you. Shins are already improving so I'm going to try an easy 3 after work. it was a good day Saturday. Cloudy and 60 degrees for my run, just perfect. Then, a sunny 80 degrees with low humidity for the concert. I'm sure grilled steak tips and chicken and a bunch of beers was not the best way to recover physically but it sure did the trick mentally. Cool

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Congrats to you. I too, just did my first non-stop 10 miler on August 16 and was darn proud, as I'm sure you are too. That is awesome!

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My first 10 miler was a BIG deal. I don't think I've yet run a distance that touches that first "double digit" run. Though my first 20 miler is in 2 weeks, so I have a feeling that will trump 10. WTG, George! It only gets better from here! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great job! I'm looking forward to the day I can post the same thing.
                        My first 10 miler was a BIG deal. I don't think I've yet run a distance that touches that first "double digit" run. Though my first 20 miler is in 2 weeks, so I have a feeling that will trump 10. WTG, George! It only gets better from here! Big grin
                        Good luck on the 20! Let us know how it goes. My goal is to get there in 2009. MTA: Congrats to you too Kerry! Nice work!

Congrats on your 10-miler!!! I did my first one last Tuesday as well. Boy, it's a strange sensation when your knees are kind of achy and stiff but it still feels like the rest of your legs are made out of jello! Keep it up - thanks for sharing - I'm still glowing from mine!

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Congrats on your 10-miler!!! I did my first one last Tuesday as well. Boy, it's a strange sensation when your knees are kind of achy and stiff but it still feels like the rest of your legs are made out of jello! Keep it up - thanks for sharing - I'm still glowing from mine!
                            Congrats to you, too!

TRUST THE PROCESS