First run since my race.. (Read 516 times)

Double IPA Please!

I took a few days off for full recovery (decided to be kind to myself as I really pushed hard for months) and ran a nice easy 5k today. Felt great and glad I took the time off. Now..Pre race I was up to around 35/36 miles a week- do I just pick right back up where I started? or do I have to ease myself back to that point again? I was thinking of doing easy 3/4 milers the rest of the week and then Monday refocus again as I just registered for another 10miler on May 19th.. I know it seems so basic, but how should I go back to my mileage?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Double IPA Please!

Is it that basic of a question? Clowning around Blush

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

JakeKnight

Most people do sort of a reverse taper ... the reverse of what you did in the week or two or three before the race. You probably could jump back up to your pre-race mileage, if you keep your runs slow. For a 10-miler, I'd personally only taper a few days and probably be back up to normal mileage within a few days after the race. But it can't hurt to be smart and take it easy. Even if it takes a couple weeks to get your mileage back up, that should leave you at least another couple weeks of hard training before the next race. Or the next taper.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Double IPA Please!

ok..thanks Jake.