Vote user group members off the island? ;) (Read 2113 times)

Hi Eric, I have noticed a certain user is not only double-dipping on the pace-bunnies, he is in all four groups! (1000KM, 1000 miles, 1500 miles, and 2000 miles.) I dont think he reads the forums, but I would love to kick him out of the 1000 KM group. I know he can always join again, but I have no way of contacting him since I dont have his e-mail and I cant message him. Any way to un-memberify a user group member?
    JakeKnight

I second the motion. There are actually quite a few people who could be nominated. Banish them all I say. The groups are supposed to motivate you to stretch yourself a bit and maintain consistency. They ain't for showing off. (And the 2000 group, as far as I can tell, is just for drinking heavily. And molesting rodents. But I digress). If you're in a group and running 3 or 4 times the pace, get thy ass out. Fight in your weight class, ya sissies. The tribe has spoken. Okay, Abbaroodle has spoken. But henceforth, she shall be known as "the tribe." Which is a hella cool nickname. For what it's worth, I assume (always dangerous) that the group "owner" can eject people. Or at least they ought to be able to.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

At this point, the owner can't eject members. The feature's been discussed, just hadn't been a high enough priority before to be worth the time to add the function. I think it should be added too.

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you're in a group and running 3 or 4 times the pace, get thy ass out. Fight in your weight class, ya sissies.
          Even 2x the pace.... I must admit that I am in everything from the 1000 mile up, but the only one I am truly "competing" in is the 1000 mile group. I'm in the upper level boards just for fun and I don't have any plans of ever seeing myself on their leader boards...plus, since I have the last membername, one would have to go to the very last page of members to even see me listed. But I won't join the 1000k group, because it wouldn't be fair to those who are newer and working to up their miles, just as is it's not real fair of those doing 30+ miles/week to hog the leader board on the 1000 mile group. Some of us are working every bit as hard, but are less experienced, naturally slower, or limited by outside committments to the time we can dedicate to running. We deserve the chance to see our names on the leader board of at least one group from time to time, too, right? Hell, I just ran 17.2 miles in the past 2 days and I'm still not a leader in the 1000 mile group. Because of the mileage hogs in there I doubt I ever will be. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

But I won't join the 1000k group, because it wouldn't be fair to those who are newer and working to up their miles, just as is it's not real fair of those doing 30+ miles/week to hog the leader board on the 1000 mile group. Some of us are working every bit as hard, but are less experienced, naturally slower, or limited by outside committments to the time we can dedicate to running. We deserve the chance to see our names on the leader board of at least one group from time to time, too, right? Hell, I just ran 17.2 miles in the past 2 days and I'm still not a leader in the 1000 mile group. Because of the mileage hogs in there I doubt I ever will be. k
            I have to agree! I'd love to be a member of the 1500 club but due to time constraints I'll be lucky to get in 1,000 this year.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kirsten, it's pretty sad that we can get close to 30 miles in a week and not even be on the leadersboard!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

derek

Even 2x the pace....
                I'm not quite at 2x the 1000-mile group pace, but I've left the group. If my mileage drops due to injury or other circumstances, I'll rejoin later in the year.

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not quite at 2x the 1000-mile group pace, but I've left the group. If my mileage drops due to injury or other circumstances, I'll rejoin later in the year.
                  And I think that is the perfect solution. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, it's pretty sad that we can get close to 30 miles in a week and not even be on the leadersboard!
                    Particularly when one only has to run a little over 19 to keep up with the pace bunny and I am already beyond that (though the rest of this week I will probably be doing only about 15 miles, so it all averages out--I'm shooting to average ~25 most weeks).

~ Sarah Kay

Exactly! I'm looking to average around 24-26 miles a week though the next couple of weeks I maybe doing more cause I'm doing an experiment Tight lipped

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heck, I just looked at the leader board for the 1000 mile group and the lowest mileage person is already at 31. I had a relatively high mileage week, for me, and I'm just barely over 28. Seems like anyone who can consistently do >10 miles over the minimum to keep up with the bunny is in the wrong group. Where's the challenge for them? k

~ Sarah Kay

Exactly! I usually work at least one day on the weekends (and at least once a month I'll work both days) so there are going to be many weeks that I won't get a chance to get in a long run. I will say if I'm able to keep up with 29 miles a week for a month I'll move myself to the 1500 mile club. Can't imagine being in a group (training) that wasn't challenging for me!

va

Let's get em!!! Big grin
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

bwahahahaha!!! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

derek

It may be discouraging seeing people with very high mileage at the top of the leaderboard, but to be honest, I think it's just temporary. E.g, if you look at one of the people near the top, he averaged around 70 miles/month for 2006 and only seemed to have run 800-900 miles last year. If he only ran 900 miles at most last year, it is a bit unfair to want to remove him as 1000 miles for 2007 is not necessarily a goal that's too low. Keep in mind that most people don't run the same mileage week after week and there will be peaks and lulls. I would imagine a lot of people tried to get a good start for the year. I myself will probably run my highest mileage month around Sep or Oct.

Derek