My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

CT JEFF

It's a Nathan 22 oz, and I don't even really like carrying it.  I got a two bottle fuel belt for Christmas, but I think I would have a hard time wearing it even if it had four bottles.  I guess just don't feel like a real runner yet.  That's why I have the sling idea.  I feel like it would make me feel like Daniel Boone or the guy from Last of the Mohicans.

I know what you mean. I have mostly been a TM runner, so hydration wasnt really an issue. I started running on trails/roads this fall, and even as my milage increased, often I didnt carry anything with me. I am still trying to figure out what I'll have to do as well. I guess like anything, we will try one idea, see where it failed and then improve for the next try.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

keeponrunning

I'll bite.  11.73km, a longish run for me. Warmer than the last few runs, or at least it seemed warmer because the wind has finally died down.  My legs were a bit dead and my bad knee was sore from a mixture of the cold and hockey earlier.  But overall it was nice, although a bit icy in spots.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

NHLA

I use a mountainsmith water belt. I'm on my 3rd one. It has a coozie built in!

Not dead. Yet.

I use a mountainsmith water belt. I'm on my 3rd one. It has a coozie built in!

Those are kind of cool; much more "grrr"  than the fuel belt.  I might be able to hang with one.  Thanks!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

the kenyan

9.62 miles (9.63 seemed too far).  New post-comeback distance PR!

the kenyan Yay!! Happy for you.

I ran a wonderful 10 miles this morning. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous winter day!! It was cold, 15 degrees with wind. So the wind-chill was right around 0. But I was layered just fine and had a strong run. New running tip: keep your energy gels next to your body on very cold days. Otherwise they are nearly frozen, hard to eat and are not so pleasant when its only 17 out. Oh, also...I run past a big (super charming) sheep farm and there were lots of BABIES! So cute. 23 miles for the week. Yay.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Felt practically like spring today - 26 degrees, feels like 16. Ran 14.1 miles, longest since my October marathon, looking towards another in April. Felt pretty good.

Dave

DaveP MI Outstanding run! Great job and glad you felt good.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

degregorius

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

This is a great quote, keeponrunning.  Very appropriate for today,  I had other obligations in the morning, otherwise I would have gone for a run outdoors before the slushy snow hit Chicago.

Today, it was plan B: 3 miles worth of interval running plus abominable er I mean, crunches for the abdominals. :-)

My local Y was having an open house, and the massage therapist was giving freebies. I had one. Great way to end a workout.

Lynx

I did 19km (about 12 miles) in the snow, my first long run from the official start of my marathon plan.

However I'm in a new city, so I kept getting lost  in the park. it ended up being more of a run-walk event because of that, but at least I feel fine at the end :-). Hopefully the long run next week will be smoother.

way, way too long ago. Cry

Did get in a nice 25 mile ride today though as it got up around 60

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

CT JEFF

Hey All ! This antidepressant stuff is so great they should figure out a way to bottle it. Nah. We can just keep running and keep it to ourselves!!! OMG I feel great. Longest run of 2013 - 12.0miles. I was considering outdoors. I have enough gear and it was up to 28, but I kept procrastinating. So, I got on the TM and ran and ran and ran. I followed Melodys advice and took a gel at the start, because it had been a while since I ate last. Then I used my 4 Chomps spread out through the run. I did run out of water, but I'll fix that soon. Today was my LSD and it feels so good. Last LSD like this in Dec, I felt like crud, no hydration, no fueling. But this was so great! If it werent for some chaffing, Id do it again tomorrow - Wink

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

NHLA

15 miles 2 hr 28 min.  Hat on hat off day.

JeffCT:  WAY TO GO!!  Been there, felt that but I get over the 'hump' around 3 or 4 miles and just want to keep running ........on trails, not on the TM which I can't wait to get off of, great therapy for mental 'toughness' though, haha!

NHLA:  awesome time for that distance!!

Achilles tendons and knee loving another rest day; snow predicted tomorrow in northern MN; not a happy camper even before hitting the TM tomorrow Undecided.

NHLA

az I posted time wrong. oops