2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I like the shirt.  My family commented that it looks more like soccer uniform than a running shirt, to which I say "Ain't nothing wrong with that".  And it fits me well.

rmcj001

It does look like a soccer shirt to me. I used to wear my long sleeve t-shirts under my short sleeve shirts all the time and it reminds me of that look. When I'm not running I'm usually cold and wear long sleeve shirt, t-shirt and frequently a running jacket and maybe a leather jacket over that.  Which is to say, I'll be wearing my long sleeve shirts, including this one...

Ray

xhristopher

Thanks for clueing me in that it's a soccer inspired shirt. It seemed familiar but I don't follow soccer and missed that. It makes perfect sense to use it. This is the year of "Let's troll the runners and see just what kind of nonsense they will wear." Exhibit A is the jacket.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Huh, I'm not a recipient of this year's shirt, but I think I would prefer it over 2014's, which had orangutan sleeves.

Dreamn

I like the shirt!  I can't comment on how it feels because I don't plan to run in long sleeves for the next 5 months at least.

Julia1971

I like the shirt!  I can't comment on how it feels because I don't plan to run in long sleeves for the next 5 months at least.

C'mon!  Relive the 2016 Boston Marathon experience and wear the shirt!

Congrats to everyone who ran the 120th Boston Marathon.  I ran 2:37 for 90th Overall.  It was definitely a little too warm and windy for the marathon, even the elites' times were slower than usual.  Good luck to everyone in your upcoming training and races.  Keep Running!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats to everyone who ran the 120th Boston Marathon.  I ran 2:37 for 90th Overall.  It was definitely a little too warm and windy for the marathon, even the elites' times were slower than usual.  Good luck to everyone in your upcoming training and races.  Keep Running!

Congrats to you - very impressive!

Mostly harmless

Just catching up on this thread.  Congrats to all who ran and finished on a warm day. This was my first and probably last Boston so my primary goal was to enjoy it as much as possible.  I accomplished that so I'm happy.

My RR is here.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

jfa

Nice going Scott. First to be running it at all with the operation that you had.

Then to run it in a smart way with the conditions. Well done.