Nashville Trails (Read 50 times)

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I am going to be in Nashville for three days and I'll be staying right by the State Capitol. I see there is a Cumberland River Greenway on that side of the river that appears to be a few miles long but I also see a system a little bit east that includes Shelby Bottoms, Two Rivers and Stones River Trails. I don't know my way around town and whether any of these areas have much crime etc. I'll probably be shooting for 30 miles over the course of three runs while I am there but I need to leave on foot from the hotel (no driving).

Thoughts?

mikeymike

Have Trent come pick you up at your hotel and drive you to PWP!

Runners run

You can get to Shelby Bottoms from the capitol/downtown area.  It involves crossing the river over to Nissan Stadium (football stadium) and running on a connector road over to Shelby. That will connect you up to Two Rivers, too, after you run out the Shelby path.  People do it all the time. You can also stay on your side of the river and run north on the greenway.  It goes a few miles to MetroCenter.  It's not a bad run.  You could get 5 or 6 miles out of that run.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

#artbydmcbride

I hear the worst crime in Nashville is from the homicidal monkeys!

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

30 miles over the course of three runs 

Get it all out of the way at once. I'd suggest running three loops of Percy Warner Park's 11.2. It will be easy.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Very easy.

steph  

Almost like not running.