A marathon every 2 months (Read 1160 times)

Running on the ocean

I started running in April 05 and ran the following marathons: 7/29/2005 Around The Lake Marathon 10/8/2005 Hartford Marathon 10/23/2005 Mystic Places Marathon 7/30/2006 San Francisco Marathon 10/15/2006 Long Beach Marathon 10/29/2006 San Jose Marathon 12/10/2006 Las Vegas Marathon 1/14/2007 Redding Marathon 3/4/2007 Napa Valley Marathon 6/2/2007 Forest of Nisene Marks Marathon 9/27/2007 Lake Tahoe Triple Marathon Day 1 9/28/2007 Lake Tahoe Triple Marathon Day 2 9/29/2007 Lake Tahoe Triple Marathon Day 3 1/6/2008 Orange County Marathon 3/2/2008 Los Angeles Marathon 4/26/200 Big Sur International Marathon 6/1/2008 San Diego Rock'N'Roll Marathon 9/6/2008 Big Bear Marathon 10/12/2008 Long Beach Marathon I've 2 more marathons coming up this year: Death Valley Borax Marathon Dec 6 Las Vegas Marathon Dec 7 During that time I also completed nine 31 miler, four 50 miler, one 62 miler, and three 100 mile races. I'll also do my 3rd 100 miler this year next month (Mother Road 100).

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
    -- Jakob Herrmann
    my running achievements

kcam

Very impressive list - all run since '05! How'd you like the Forest of Nisene Marks 'thon? I mountain bike there quite often and have always thought it would be a pretty tough run. The ultras are just off the scale for me.
        You, sir, are an animal. I'd say I'm impressed, but I really can't even comprehend... Surprised Kudos to you.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

My legs are killing me

My legs hurt just reading the list. Nice job!
          xor

That's a great list... looks like I was at the triple with you last year. Death Valley/Las Vegas is a really interesting double combination. Make sure you take your 10 bucks for your National Park entry when you check in for DV. They are kind of insistent on that. Tell me about Redding! I'm considering that one for next year. Good luck, especially at Mother Road.

Bugs

Ufta. Very cool.

Bugs

Running on the ocean

Thanks guys. I just felt instantly in love with running.
                How'd you like the Forest of Nisene Marks 'thon? I mountain bike there quite often and have always thought it would be a pretty tough run.
                WOW. A 2:58:02 marathon. That's amazing! My PR is 4:16 done just yesterday at the Long Beach marathon. I still have a long way to go Smile I loved the Forest of Nisene Marks Marathon. 13 miles uphill - 13 miles downhill. I suffered uphill but came down fast. I dripped once and almost fell (which would have been a bad fall) and couldn't stop at an aid station and just ran by shouting "I can't stop". I would go back again if it wouldn't be so far away for me.
                looks like I was at the triple with you last year. Death Valley/Las Vegas is a really interesting double combination. Make sure you take your 10 bucks for your National Park entry when you check in for DV. Tell me about Redding! I'm considering that one for next year.
                Congratulations being a Marathon Maniac. I often see them at marathons and am always amazed about their stories. Would love to read yours. The Lake Tahoe Triple was AWESOME! I considered doing the 72 mile ultra this year but wasn't able to do it. Thanks for reminding about the $10. Luckily I can buy that from the race number pick-up station. I crewed and paced a running buddy of mine at Badwater 135 a couple of times and he always had to buy it. I loved Redding. Did a PR which I just broke yesterday at the Long Beach marathon. The start is downhill and great to get warmed up. The rest is rolling and mostly on trail but also on pavement. One cruel part is that around mile 24 you'll be running by the finish line but you'll have to turn left, do a 2 mile loop and come back to finish going over that beautiful bridge. I definitely recommend.

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
                -- Jakob Herrmann
                my running achievements

Roses Revenge

Congratulations being a Marathon Maniac. I often see them at marathons and am always amazed about their stories. Would love to read yours.
                  So why aren't you one of us? You definitely qualify. Rose If I can do it, anybody can do it.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Running on the ocean

So why aren't you one of us? You definitely qualify.
                    I should look into it, you're right. When I talk to those Marathon Maniac they tell me stories how they did like 88 marathons Shocked and I'm like: WOW, that's amazing, thinking that I have ways to go.

-- Jakob Herrmann
                    my running achievements

xor

I should look into it, you're right. When I talk to those Marathon Maniac they tell me stories how they did like 88 marathons Shocked and I'm like: WOW, that's amazing, thinking that I have ways to go.
                      There are lots of different maniacs. Some run a lot of marathons, some not quite as many. Some are roadies (like me), some are more into ultras. Some folks are hella fast, some are not. It's fun. Gotten really big.

Roses Revenge

There are lots of different maniacs. Some folks are hella fast, some are not. It's fun.
                        I'm one of the slow ones. First marathon was Portland, 2006. I've done a total of seven. Three this spring to qualify as a maniac although I only planned to do one in the spring and Portland this fall. Did I mention that I'm slow? My time in Portland was 6:48 so I was out there a long time in the rain. That was a PR by 30 minutes. One of the things I like about the maniacs is they don't care how long it took, only that you finished. Once you qualify, you can always be a member even if you never do another race as long as you pay your dues. And dues? They're ten bucks a year. Like he says - It's fun!

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Running on the ocean

Thanks srlopez and Roses Revenge. I really saw it in a wrong way. I though one needs to be a marathon super-hero to qualify. Would be fun to join and 10 bucks is extremely doable. I'll check it out today.

-- Jakob Herrmann
                          my running achievements

Impressive list ultrarunner. I qualified for MM last year, and then forgot about signing up. Did USAFM, Columbus, and Vegas, Oct through December. Doing the same trio this year. I guess I wasnt motivated to do it because Columbus and Vegas went really badly. I should improve on that this year.