Doing anything special for National Running Day on June 6th? (Read 709 times)

philipfromga

http://www.runningday.org/celebrate/10-ways-to-celebrate-national-running-day

I'll celebrate at 6:30 AM by running (slowly) a new route while tapering for my HM on Sat. 

xor

While accepting the idea that a day can mean two different things, I am going to spend a good chunk of that day pondering The Greatest Generation and how those guys saved the world.

(and I am also going to run.  I had a bad weekend that I need to shake off.)

June 6 is also National Cancer Survivors Day.  And National Applesauce Cake Day. 

Applesauce cake? 

So my suggestion is to find a man who survived the Normandy invasion AND cancer.  Then bake him an applesauce cake and run it over to the nursing home where he is living.  If that isn't an honest day's work then I don't know what is. 

xor

So what did people do?

I ran to the post office and back.  11 miles.  wee.  I tried to pretend Nazis were shooting at me, but it didn't really work.  And I looked weird.

bhearn

About to do 14 miles of hill repeats for Western States.

xor

About to do 14 miles of hill repeats for Western States.

Wear 5 extra layers and pretend there are rocks and shit.

And literally, I mean shit.  Though I do not know why.

10k of trails in the rain.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

bhearn

Maybe I should, but I'm saving my heat training for the sauna.

19 miles against traffic in nowhereville, OH. 

Ok, so less than half were against traffic, but I've learned this week that people that actually run on the road must be a novelty to Ohions (sp?).  They either pretend you aren't there and ride the shoulder or they are so curious about what new sport this is that they swerve towards you to investigate.  

xor

Yeah.

What's the deal with the swerve?  Are we magnets?

I assure you that this isn't specific to Ohio.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Okay, after an involuntary "taper" imposed by Venice and various aeroplanes and trains, I just got home.  It was raining slightly, but after waiting so long to run I wasn't going to let that make me blink.  Instead I took off for 10mi at a minute under my easy pace.  Did O-Hill twice for good measure.

It was just one of those days that all my legs wanted to do was run as fast as they could, and the major work of the run was keeping them at a sane pace.

Felt great.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

Umm, I went for a run.  I think the whole Normandy thing is a lot more significant.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Am I doing this right?

5 miles w/ 3 x 1 mile repeats at 10k (ish) pace.  It was a little warm but pretty nice morning for a run.  

I will say, reminiscing today about what I recall of D-day from history class was much more fun and really gave me pause to think about the sacrifices that were made.  I'm glad I can't (and don't have to) speak German.

No excuses....

Just an ez 3.5mi. It's also the 100th anniversary of the Novarupta volcanic eruption in Alaska.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog