Need a new TV show into which I can sink the teeth of my mind (Read 694 times)

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Trailer says "on Hulu".  But thanks for this.  Lots of actors I enjoy watching.

2016 Goals: Lose the 10lbs I gained for not having goals

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of sinking of teeth...we've been bingeing True Blood on HBO for a couple of weeks. It's pure guilty pleasure viewing. Sometimes it is just SO BAD that it's amazing.

'20 Goals:

Survive the 'Rona • Cover 4000 miles (3300 on-bike, 700 on-foot) • Duathlon podiums • Keep bustin' ass -1 lung lobe and assorted guts parts • Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever. • Improve power:weight ratio • $1000

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trailer says "on Hulu".  But thanks for this.  Lots of actors I enjoy watching.

could be, for some reason I thought Amazon, I could be wrong and often am!

wbudde

A couple of recs...

Schitt's Creek is fantastic. It just ended, but there's 6 season's worth of shows to dive into. Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are absolutely brilliant in it.

I burned through Upload on Amazon in 2 days - there were a couple parts that frustrated me with the show but in general I really liked it. It's a good story of personal growth and what makes us human. I am a huge fan of The Good Place, and there are similar themes in play in Upload.

Miracle Workers is fantastic - it's two seasons that are each individual anthologies - the only thing in common between the 2 seasons is the actors. Both stories are well told, and very thoughtful, while also being incredibly funny.

And, I cannot recommend What We Do in the Shadows highly enough. The fake documentary theme is definitely a bit stale in general, but this is a fresh take on it with a wonderful story to tell, and it's told very well.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And, I cannot recommend What We Do in the Shadows highly enough. The fake documentary theme is definitely a bit stale in general, but this is a fresh take on it with a wonderful story to tell, and it's told very well.

Did you see Mark Hamill will be on the next season?! Big grin

'20 Goals:

Survive the 'Rona • Cover 4000 miles (3300 on-bike, 700 on-foot) • Duathlon podiums • Keep bustin' ass -1 lung lobe and assorted guts parts • Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever. • Improve power:weight ratio • $1000

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wbudde

Did you see Mark Hamill will be on the next season?! Big grin

I didn't see that - now I am looking forward to next season even more. His episode was awesome!

Laviticus

spam

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Mrs. America -- series about the ERA movement in the 70s.  Does a great (and I'd say not uncharitable) portrayal of Phyllis Schlafly (Anti-ERA mastermind).   Hulu.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Lenox Hill is an excellent, one-season documentary about a hospital in New York City.  So good!  They filmed an extra episode for a month when COVID-19 was raging.  It was moving to see the nurses and doctors in tears - these were people who had been very stoic during the regular series.

Dark on Netflix.

It's German, but has available English overdub.

It's like Hot Tub Time Machine; if written and performed by Germans.

Interval Junkie --Nobby

DEVS - on Amazon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8klax373ds

If you love probabilistic meta-physics and inconsolable loss, this is 100% for you.  I am such the target audience.  Thank you so much for the recommendation.  It's rather meh early on, but episode 6 is both the most boring and the most beautiful.  After that it's just gold.

Interval Junkie --Nobby

DAVE - on Hulu.

I know you usually expect some high-brow suggestions from me, but give me a second:

"DAVE" is Lil'Dickey's TV series. Not quite "Woody Allen meets 12yo dick-jokes" but not far, either.   But mixed in with its light fare is a thread of real emotional honesty that hits with the surprise and force of a Bruce Lee 1" punch.  I think it's episode 6, where the show dips into the past to show what is at stake.  This, and the last episode which ends with a high-stakes, set-for-failure, episode with Charlemagne (who is some known podcaster, I guess), really delivers.

At its root, this is a: categorically uncool guy tries to make it in a field dominated by king-of-the-hill level coolisms.  Fish, out of water, races Ursain Bolt.

If you're not familiar with Lil'Dickey: this is a good intro [NSFW] (link skips first 52 seconds, but if language is your thing just move on)

cowolter

Family Tree! HBO comedy by Christopher Guest starring Chris O'Dowd. I believe there are only 8 episodes, but it's easy to find and so worth your time. Hilarious, sweet, and great performances. Check it out!

https://printsbery.com/planner-templates

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Has anybody mentioned Party Tricks, a short Australian political series available on Prime?  Asher Keddie is great.

Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.