Restaurant suggestions for a pre race meal in Cincinnati? (Read 759 times)

Roxy27

my little devil

I am running the Flying Pig marathon this May in Cincinnati! Does anyone have a restaurant suggestion for a pre race meal? We will have a car and are staying near the airport but I am happy to drive a little bit if necessary. I am looking for healthy, non greasy Italian food. My tummy tends to be sensitive on race day so I am little worried, this is my first out of town marathon.

Any other suggestions about the race are always appreciated too.

Thanks!!!

Hoban-Jay

The Montgomery Inn...the one on the River.  Ribs.  If you go anywhere else or eat anything else you'd be quite foolish!!!

A Saucy Wench

The Montgomery Inn...the one on the River.  Ribs.  If you go anywhere else or eat anything else you'd be quite foolish!!!

Ribs pre marathon?  That's a bit rich even for my tummy

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

You could always go to Newport on the Levee.  Nice view, right on the river.  Kind of a hang out / entertainment area.

Dewey's and Brio Tuscan are both good.

http://www.newportonthelevee.com/directory/dine.aspx

Lia's Daddy

I grew up on Cincy but have not lived there in a long time. I do go visit family often. I also agree with the idea of going down to the Newport area.

As far as the race, I ran it in 2010. A well organized event and a lot of fun. That year we had a torrential rain right up to the start time and then a light rain most of the race. It was still enjoyable. Of course you have the hills to contend with but most people prepare for that going in. Something that caught me off guard were the bridges. The first bridge going into Kentucky was moving under my feet because of the cadence. I think it is just a couple of miles into the race. I though for a second my legs were buckling as if I was going to pass out. It really freaked me out. Luckily a woman running next to me saw the panic on my face and reassured me that it was the bridge and not me. Quite strange.

Have a great time!

"Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen

Brio is good.

Buca di Beppo is also very good.

Both chains though.

For something quick and cheap. laRosa's is a good choice--Its a Cincinnati locally owned chain. Tons of locations. Pasta, Pizza, Canolis, etc,etc. 

Hoban-Jay

Ribs pre marathon?  That's a bit rich even for my tummy

Like i said...anything else would be utterly foolish! 

What's the point of traveling to Cincinnati if you're not gonna have ribs at the Montgomery Inn???

Tin Cup

I suggest any LaRosa's Pizza restaurant.     Only place I eat when I go home.

ohiopublic

Don't forget Skyline Chili
                    Tin Cup

Of course, you can always eat at one of these local restaurants in Cincy:

http://www.larosas.com/

SuperChef

Avoid Skyline at ALL COSTS

Roxy27

my little devil

Thanks for the suggestions!

I think I will save the ribs and chili for after the race Smile

xor

Skyline is The Shit.

(I leave the meaning of that up to the individual reader)

LaRosa's or Dewey's.  Or both.