small milestone (Read 797 times)

So, I just got back from a 2.75-mile run, and it got me to my first "milestone", as I see it: this is the first week I've run 10 miles! Cool A few months from now, that'll be 20. But for now, 6 weeks into my running career, I'll take it. Yay for double digits! Big grin Lauren

Lazy idiot

Awesome job Lauren! I remember my first double digit week, too. 5/14/07. Keep up the good work, and good things will happen.

Tick tock

Good job! I just increased my mileage as well...It's a great feeling! Big grin
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
          I think it's a BIG milestone! Congrats!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Always celebrate your milestones, thats what keeps you going. Nice job! Smile

Another Passion

Congratulations, Lauren. Keep it up. Milestones are good... they keep us striving to accomplish more. Smile

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's a great milestone and definitely one to be proud of. In 6 months you could easily be running a HM, but we all have to start somewhere! I remember my first 10 mile week...I was pretty geeked to have done what so few are willing to try. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Oh, btw, small milestones are better than small kidney stones. Roll eyes

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

In 6 months you could easily be running a HM, but we all have to start somewhere!
                    Funny you mention the HM...because my friend is running the Grandma's HM in June, and I think my boyfriend and I are going to join her. That gives me 8 months (granted, some of that is during a long MN winter!). Thanks for the push! Big grin
                      That's a big milestone! 20 will be even bigger! Running is great b/c there are constantly new things to achieve and of which to be proud. I definitely recommend the HM. And don't let the "half" fool you, finishing one is definitely an achievement.
                        BIG milestone, I'd say! Smile Great job !
                        2009: BQ?

Golden Buff

Congrats on the milestone! Sharing it with others is half of the motivation. Some day soon you'll be telling us about your 10 mile day. Cool
                          Curt

You'll ruin your knees!

That's AWESOME, Lauren! Congrats! Good news...you will achieve many more milestones...that's the way this running thing is, always something new and exciting to look forward to! Keep it up Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)