Running across the Golden Gate Bridge (Read 331 times)

AutBatgirl

Glad you made it safely!  Sometimes the fog there is so thick, the sharks can swim up out of the bay and bite you on the bridge!

lol - I have a friend that just moved from Sydney, Australia to San Francisco and she's had mixed feelings about the summer there!

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

xhristopher

Tonight I got my turn across the Golden Gate Bridge.

I'm afraid of heights but try not to let that stop me. I found experience semi terrifying but am glad I did it. For the rest of the week I'll probably be running hills.

Outside Lane

Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing this pic!

Tonight I got my turn across the Golden Gate Bridge.

I'm afraid of heights but try not to let that stop me. I found experience semi terrifying but am glad I did it. For the rest of the week I'll probably be running hills.

See how they run...

erinr

I did this route on a 16-mile run last year.  It was great.  Another vote for the ocean side route.  It's a lot flatter than the other options.  I started at Crissy Field, crossed the bridge, ran back, went up some ridiculously big hills (bad planning), made my way to the Presidio, then the ocean, then took the ocean back to the bridge and Crissy Field.  The way back from the ocean was a lot easier than the way out.

Feeling the growl again

I did this route on a 16-mile run last year.  It was great.  Another vote for the ocean side route.  It's a lot flatter than the other options.  I started at Crissy Field, crossed the bridge, ran back, went up some ridiculously big hills (bad planning), made my way to the Presidio, then the ocean, then took the ocean back to the bridge and Crissy Field.  The way back from the ocean was a lot easier than the way out.

I've probably posted earlier in this thread, but this is a favorite run of mine when I visit SF.  It's been a couple years but I'll be there next month.  Typically I'm staying downtown, so an out-and-back is about 17 miles.  I hit the waterfront ASAP and follow it all the way; doing this early morning is ideal and can be problematic if you wait until tourists deluge Fisherman's Wharf.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills