2019 in 2019 Running Game *Individual signups open until 12/31 11:59 PM EST tonight* (Read 288 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

We have a group for Individuals and runners who missed the signups here.

**********************************************************************************************************************

The 2019 in 2019 Game is a year long team and individual game. Miles posted in your Training Log are counted for the game. You start by setting a mileage goal for 2019. Not a weekly goal, but total for the year. No, you are not required to run 2019 miles. Set any goal that you are realistically able to run.

Sign ups will start Dec 1. You have the option of joining a Team or as an Individual.

2019 in 2019 forum 

***********************************************************************************************************

Please read before signing up!

The 2019 in 2019 Club is a group of runners looking to achieve a mileage goal (of any amount) for the coming year. If you've had trouble reaching mileage targets in the past or need a little extra push to get you where you would like to be, this club can help!  With fellow members supporting them, many runners revised their lower mileage goals and reached goals that they never would have dreamed of.

Additionally, the 2019 in 2019 Club has an optional team competition ("Head2Head") with members randomly assigned to teams with approximately equal balance (members & goal miles). The idea here is to help runners develop friendships, support each other, and have a little friendly competition. Our experience is that smaller groups organized as teams are very helpful in encouraging members to stick to their goals.

What do you get with your membership?

• Weekly updates posted on RA with stats such as; weekly average needed to reach your goal, average weekly mileage, miles remaining, etc.
    • An enthusiastic and supportive group of runners to help you reach your goals in both your private team forum and the 2019 Game forum.

What do we ask from you?

• A full year commitment to the game. Maintaining consistent participation is crucial for team balance and camaraderie.

• A realistic mileage goal. Hopefully something that is challenging, but attainable. We use the goals to help make balanced teams. After January 1, you'll be able to adjust your goal one time before July 31 if needed. We ask for a mileage goal for the entire year. Goal/52.1428 is your part of the weekly team goal. Everyone has high and low weeks, but that goal needs to be one that you are able to run.

• Keep your running log up-to-date. If you don't keep your day-to-day running log on Running Ahead, we ask that you log on and track your total miles for the previous week no later than the following Tuesday. The posting deadline for the previous week is 10PM EST. After that, you can update your log but the miles will not count for your team.

• Give advance notice to your team captain if you will be on an extended vacation, leave of absence, or need to be placed on Injured Reserve (IR). If you are in one of these categories, you will not have to worry about updating your log. Members who have not been in contact with their team captain or game admins and haven't updated their log for 3 consecutive weeks (or 2 weeks at the start of the year) can be moved to individual status for the remainder of the year.

• To go on IR, you must have a 0 in the previous week results.

• If you join the team game, please be a good team member, post your miles by the deadline and respond to any private messages from your team captains and/or admins.

• If you do not post miles for 3 non-consecutive weeks without contacting the team captain, the captain can request a confidential team vote to remove you from the team.

• No team member should be required to go outside of RA to communicate with their team. Not everyone is on Facebook.

Important Note:  Decisions made or opinions expressed by the game admins are not necessarily those of RunningAHEAD, LLC, which is providing hosting for the game but NOT overseeing day to day operations. Also, running is dangerous and stuff. Please don't do anything that could compromise your health for the sake of a game!

How to Sign Up

Sign-ups start December 1st at 12:01 AM and end December 22 at 11:59 PM for the Team games. Individual sign-ups end December 31 at 11:59 PM.  All Times are EST. The deadlines are final.

The Join Button will appear on the 2019 in 2019 page after sign-ups start.  Team generation and mileage counting are automated, so you need to be in the system for it to work.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

We're looking at # of teams for next year. If you are interested, here's a poll.

This is NOT a commitment to join.

Marylander

Ooh, neat, I'll almost certainly get in on this.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Marylander, we'd love to have you join the game.

It's really about consistency and camaraderie. The more the better! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Marylander

Cool, I've been pretty dang consistent in 2018. I've seen the threads on this before but somehow never opened to read. I'd assumed it was a mileage goal thing. That said, I think I can actually run 2019 miles in 2019 and will make that a goal (was already thinking 2000 miles anyway).

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

If you are setting a running goal anyway, why not join a team? We divide the runners into teams with consideration to each runner's goal so teams have a similar overall goal. Each week, two teams will compete head to head for total team mileage, the most race miles and the highest % of team members hitting their individual goal (annual goal/52= individual weekly goal). The team I was on had runners with individual goals from 522 miles to 3500 miles. It really is a game for everyone, not just high mileage runners.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Marky_Mark_17

I'll be keen for this again next year.  It was fun even though we got knocked out a little early in the piece.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The signup start is still 12/1, but the team signup deadline has been changed to 12/22. the Individual signup deadline is still 12/31.

Do NOT wait until the last minute, there will be NO late signups. We also will NOT be adding runners to teams after they are formed. If you sign up as an Individual and don't change it to Team before the Team signup deadline, you will be an Individual for the year.

On the signup page you will have the option to change between Team and Individual and make goal changes until the Team deadline. After that, Individuals will remain Individuals.

Do not wait until the last minute to join or make changes. Like I did a couple of years ago. Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm so excited! I had to sit out the last 2 years...it will be tough to not be on the winning team, though. I got teamed-up with some of the best people imaginable in 2016.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

it will be tough to not be on the winning team, though. I got teamed-up with some of the best people imaginable in 2016.

I wasn't on the winning team in 2016...oh wait, I see now, just a difference of who the best people imaginable are

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm so excited! I had to sit out the last 2 years...it will be tough to not be on the winning team, though. I got teamed-up with some of the best people imaginable in 2016.

The LLR had a team? 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Now that US Thanksgiving is here, that means signups are just around the corner.

If you haven't decided yet, give it some thought! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Here is the link to the signup page.

After joining the game, you can change your goal and the Team/Individual option until the Team signups are over. Individuals can change goals until the Individual signups end.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

soon.... Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

GAOFENG

Sole Mates 2020

Registered~ and see u soon

Sole Mates 2020

Funky Kicks 2019