Saucony shoes US - Canada (Read 686 times)

I'm trying to find an American version of Saucony Omni Grid 6 - it is a moderate stability shoe. I looked at Dick's sporting goods and they have Progrid Hurricane, Progrid Trigon and Stabil 6. Does anyone know what the differences are? My brother is going to SC and I was going to ask him to pick up a pair. The prices are virtually the same in the Progrid but the Stabil 6 is $50 cheaper.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Progrid Omni Moderate? I think it's the same shoe in the US and Canada.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks. I was looking at Dick's sporting goods website and all they have are Progrid Omni 6 moderate stability shoe in men's only. The women's are cushion shoes. I don't think they are the same Confused. I have to have a moderate stability shoe.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the site says cushion, but all shoes are "cushion" shoes, to a certain degree. The difference between a "cushion" shoe and a "stability" shoe is that a stability shoe will have a medial post, which the Progrid Omni Moderate has. According to the Dick's page for the women's shoe: The Saucony® ProGrid™ Omni 6 delivers the perfect level of control and cushioning combined with the fit you have come to expect from Saucony®. It's loaded with cushioning technologies, including ProGrid™ with Respon-Tek™, for comfort and a plush ride. The Dual Density EVA midsole provides the ideal level of medial support to control overpronation. Features • Midsole Material: Dual-Density EVA Dual-density EVA offers lightweight cushioning. Dual-density EVA is the medial post. I have had this shoe recommended to me, in the past. It's definitely not a neutral shoe. Dick's website is pretty crappy, IMO. DSG doesn't even own the website...it's an affiliate and is used by a ton of other sporting goods retailers. I'd actually not be surprised if Dick's stores don't carry the shoe, as the website selection is usually much greater than what the brick-and-mortar stores carry (with the exception of very large Dick's locations). Check out the descriptions of the shoe on other sites (with the exception of all of the ones in the above link that are charging $99.99--those are all pretty much affiliates of the same retailer that Dick's uses). Everyone else describes it as a moderate stability shoe.

~ Sarah Kay

andyndallas

The Hurricane 10 should work for you. It is a moderate stability shoe. http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/SCN851/
            ...and miles to go before I sleep
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

RRS classifies it as a stability shoe, as well...I'd trust them to know running shoes WAY before I'd trust Dick's.

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks for all your help. I see my shoes are endangered. Darn! This is the 2nd time they've changed. Hopefully the next iteration will be even better.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks for all your help. I see my shoes are endangered. Darn! This is the 2nd time they've changed. Hopefully the next iteration will be even better.
                  My favorite shoe has been discontinued, too. The new version should be out in a couple of weeks. I've heard that any changes are going to be very minimal--I hope so.

~ Sarah Kay