I H'd TFU - first 25 mile week (Read 714 times)

Was hoping to get 10 miles this morning but I screwed up and only got 9.5. Dumb - always map your route!!!! But, that's my longest long run, previous PR was 8.5 two weeks ago. And this is my first week ever of 25 miles. But this morning, 4.5 miles in, I think I must've just landed funny - it was on a dirt trail - and my back spasmed like a guitar string. Stopped me in my tracks. Dead center in my middle back and chest - ya know, right in your core. Ouch. Walked a bit, stretched it out and finished the run. A little sore now and won't be doing much yardwork now but glad I kept going. My time wasn't as great as my 8.5 miler but the back spasm contributed a little to that, plus, Thursday I ran a 5.5 mile tempo run, biked to/from work (total 10.5 miles) and played a 9:30pm hockey game (we were short-handed so I double-shifted a lot). Friday I did back and biceps at the gym in the morning and a 2 mile recovery run. Don't think I was quite recovered yet this morning Dead. Looking forward to a little rest now. And I WILL be enjoying a cold beer or three while watching the Red Sox tonight.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You'll be doing 30+ in no time. Take care of that back, though. Owie! Enjoy your celebratory beer and the game. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats on the 25 mile week. Reading your thread has give me the push I needed to get on the floor and work on my back. I need 1.9 miles to make my 25 mile week. Thanks. Big grin. I'm gone and down(on the floor).

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Half Fanatic #846

Thursday I ran a 5.5 mile tempo run, biked to/from work (total 10.5 miles) and played a 9:30pm hockey game (we were short-handed so I double-shifted a lot).
          Oh, sure slacker! - that's only one day of the week you're really busy. Clowning around All seriousness aside, though - congrats on the new mileage, and I'm impressed with your activities! Feeling tired that way feels good though. Proper rest is as important as anything else, so enjoy the cold ones and the game!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!