workout time-of-day off (Read 976 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The workouts I'm uploading right now are showing up as 5hrs later than they occurred. My locale is GMT-5. I ran a race at 10:00 (EST) on 2012-02-11, and it loaded as occurring at 15:02. Obviously that sounds like the time is showing in GMT, but I'm using the same watch I usually do, so I'm not sure what to check.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jpdeaux

Yup. Same here just now. Probably something Eric will be able to fix the instant he knows about it. I thought it was me. And 5 hours seemed about right. 1:10am instead of 8:10pm.

Yup. Same here just now. Probably something Eric will be able to fix the instant he knows about it. I thought it was me. And 5 hours seemed about right. 1:10am instead of 8:10pm.

That's kinda cool, actually. You've already run tomorrow.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

The run that I downloaded this evening was 5 hours off as well.

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

I upgraded the background service that processes GPS workouts in preparation for the next release, which contains many changes.  I wanted to test one of the new features in the background service but forgot that it depended on the website being upgraded too.  I've reverted the change so the times should be correct now.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Should we manually adjust all the ones that got uploaded and appeared with the wrong time? Or will they get automagically fixed?

I uploaded over 10 of them, I think, so I'd hate to go subtract 5 hours from all of them, if the software is going to automatically subtract 5 hours off also -- I mean, I don't want to accidentally push them all to being off the other direction, so I have to go back and correct them all a second time.

You should manually adjust the hours or reimport the workouts.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  I am pretty sure it is faster to edit each of them, than to re-import and then copy all the comments over for each. I've already gone through and edited all of mine. The only trick was keeping track of which ones were fixed, so I added notes at the bottom of each as I edited it.

jpdeaux

That's kinda cool, actually. You've already run tomorrow.

Yeah, but won't that stop my current streak at yesterday?

Dad, Runner, Programmer

Hi eric, I just uploaded a workout that I ran today and it's still 5 hours off.  Anyone else still having a problem?

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

Hi eric, I just uploaded a workout that I ran today and it's still 5 hours off.  Anyone else still having a problem?

My time is off by a day I reported in Eric's RA Update Thread

Geoff

Me too, I am already in Sunday here on the east coast

Was this fixed before?

I uploaded a run yesterday and today and both are an hour off. The Garmin showed todays run at 12:07 pm, ST has 12:07 pm and RA has 11:07 am.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

For an unknown reason, RA detected your timezone as -6 when it should be -5.  Would you try logging out and then logging in again to force RA to redetect your time zone?

For an unknown reason, RA detected your timezone as -6 when it should be -5.  Would you try logging out and then logging in again to force RA to redetect your time zone?

I logged out, then logged back in but I don't have anything to upload yet so I don't know if they time zone is correct.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life