I Suppose It Was Inevitable, Yes? (Read 694 times)

Group W, you mean with the mother rapers, father stabbers, father rapers, sitting right there on the bench next to me.....

I'm wondering if the younger folks aren't getting this.

Jeff

I have only had one encounter with a dog.  it was actually pretty funny.  My bro-in-law and I were running one snowy morning, rural road.  This big dumb happy Golden came up and hit me from the side and I went down.

We couldn't get him to stay on his lawn, he ran with us for a mile or so.

Jeff

Not dead. Yet.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Mmmmm...beer

I'm loving it!  Dying over here Smile

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen anyone reference it on a message board, much less three people! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

I went to school near Stockbridge, MA, with their three stop signs, two police officers, and one police car.

muppy

Maybe if it was thanksgiving day?

Geez, old but still couldn't quite remember where.

Get off my porch

Well, once I was afraid of dogs. And they were chasing me. But now I have my own dog, and I understood dog's behaviour a little.

If a dogs comes to me, I stop running and walk or even stop. I put my hands along my hips. Usually the dog comes closer, I give him slowly my hand to sniff, he sniffs and walks his way. It works. More - in this way dogs in the vicinity 'know' me, and they don't even pay attention to me.

Of course I cannot say that it will work with all dogs - maybe I haven't yet met my Baskerville dog. Smile But I still have two hands. Smile

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm 29, but I would bet I'm the only one out of my friends that has an Arlo Guthrie album on his iPhone and the associated turkey day tradition.

"...and creating a nuisance"

ps...yes hippy parents

**Ask me about streaking**

YAYpril - B-Plus

I've been pretty lucky. 2 and a half years of running, and over 2 of those years in my current neighborhood, and I've never even been lunged at. I mostly run on suburban streets so most people are just taking their dogs out for walks, and I rarely see any unleashed.

That being said, when I do come across a dog I give them and the owner a wide berth. I love dogs, but I don't trust any that I don't know.

Last weekend I was running and a man walking his pittie actually had his dog sit down and wait for me to go past them. I complimented him on his well-mannered dog. Smile

Youredoingwhat

I was running once and felt something slip up against my leg, I looked down to see a little dog rolling down the hillside next to me.  I accidently kick the dog, but now when I run by that house he doesn't come after me anymore.  I run on rural roads and met a fellow runner the other day that carries a stick with him while he runs for that very purpose, he also carries pepper spray as well.

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

I was running today with my dog (lab/pointer mix).  We were only about 1/2 a block from home when a little dog I have never seen came running out of a yard.  The owner followed.  I stopped b/c I could see the little yapper was going to run after my dog and we were at a pretty busy intersection and didn't want the dog to get hit.  The little think came up to my dog, they both smelled each other, then the little thing turned feisty and bit my dog on the snout.  I pulled her out of the way and was about to kick the little one when the owner grabbed it, LAUGHING!  I looked closely and there was no skin broken on my dog, so we continued on.  Neither of us were impressed.  Thankfully, my dog is easy to control and a good dog, so I could pull her off the yappy dog because she was none too happy.

A Saucy Wench

I remember where I was exactly when I first heard that song. All 23 minutes of it.

I had it on a mix tape of "funny stuff" from a friend.  Mostly Arlo live in concert, but also some Monty Python thrown in for good measure.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I remember where I was exactly when I first heard that song. All 23 minutes of it.

I had it on a mix tape of "funny stuff" from a friend.  Mostly Arlo live in concert, but also some Monty Python thrown in for good measure.

I don't remember where I was when I heard the song first, however, I do remember being at a drive in movie (Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?) and saw the trailer for the movie.  Arlo was in the movie too.

I was probably 10 or so at the time.

Jeff

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I was just followed by a dog last Saturday in a mostly rural area.  That's where I usually see the most unleashed dogs...at least in the city, people have fences.