Garmin Lust (Read 819 times)

Anyone have pizza?

Hey zoom-zoom that's a great picture of my old boss at my last job! Keep 'em coming! Tongue
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey zoom-zoom that's a great picture of my old boss at my last job! Keep 'em coming! Tongue
      Ha! Hmmm...what would leave a less strange tan line...201 or 205...or is it a draw? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This Garmin craze may soon turn out to be my "precious" too......Shhhh, Polar Watch S625X! Go back to bed.....No you did not hear any mutinous talk about you being replaced.....No, not at all............
        tell your Polar 625x not to worry - it communicates with gym HR equipment (Garmin doesn't), you can track on the treadmill if you wanted to, you don't have to worry about satellite fallout, it's really easy to set up for biking, the software is great, and Polar can track you during your pool workouts - Garmin wouldn't think of following you there Wink that said - I still prefer to wear the garmin to run Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

I'd get the 201, but it's too big. Even the 205 will be a monster on my wrists. I wonder if the next generation will be even smaller yet...? Anyone know if Garmin will be coming out with a new line anytime soon? k
          measuring over my wrist bone - I'm 6.25" - the 305 is way bigger than the polar and I was concerned - but I swear I don't even feel it when I am running. It is clunkier, but not much heavier than the polar625. Could be since I was already using the Polar, it wasn't that big of a jump. Is it possible for one of the ladies you run with to let you try it for one of your runs?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

i do have stupidly small wrists and hands (5.5" over the wrist bone and my winter gloves come in age 4-7) so maybe its just me Undecided by the way the 201 and 205 have exactly the same cable for linking to your pc/mac. OH has used both with his macbook with no trouble. one less thing to worry about.
              I also have tiny hands and wrists, and my wrists measure at 6" even over the wristbone. I have a 305 (LOVE the ability to watch my HR - especially in this record heat), and at first, I did think it looked gigantic on my wrist. I guess I'm just used to it now. I wouldn't worry too much about the size. It is a great little toy. Isn't there some gift giving holiday coming up? Labor Day should involve presents.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Labor Day should involve presents.
                Yeah! Ooh, or maybe I could find an obscure one that would suffice.... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah! Ooh, or maybe I could find an obscure one that would suffice.... Big grin k
                  I think we should declare August 15th "Running Skirt Day" and every woman who wears one gets a running related gift....

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we should declare August 15th "Running Skirt Day" and every woman who wears one gets a running related gift....
                    Who's doling out the gifts?

~ Sarah Kay

our appreciative spouses who enjoy looking at us in skirts....

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hah, my spouse just teases me for mine! Actually, I think he thought they were kinda dorky at first, but now I think he kinda likes them. Besides, he has no room to tease, since he wears those godawful bib shorts for cycling. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay