Marathon Training (Read 170 times)

Outside Lane

I am training for my first full marathon - have never run more than a half.  Training program is going fine - I am slow but my goal is just to finish.  Yesterday was my first distance above a half - was supposed to be a 15 mile run.  I took a wrong turn on the route and ran 1.5 before realizing I needed to turn around....so I ended up doing almost 18!  I survived and have extra confidence now - though still directionally challenged.

See how they run...

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Cool awesome. Hope my first marathon training goes as well.

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Outside Lane

Thanks Bob!  Stay healthy and thank you for all your years of service! Smile

See how they run...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations!  Having the endurance is much more key than being able to read a map, for a marathon, anyway. Most of us just follow the runners in front of us.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

running metalhead

Congratulations!  Having the endurance is much more key than being able to read a map, for a marathon, anyway. Most of us just follow the runners in front of us.

Easy to say... I once ended up in the front positions between the faster recreational runners and the slower competitors. There were moments when the distance between me and the guys in front and behind were a km at least. Almost went the wrong way... OK, there was public and stuff but it was the last kms of the marathon and I wasn't more than a running zombie XD

And just wait that I make my first 50K trail... I hope they have enough helicopters to find me. ROFL. This is fortunately a small country so that I will surely stop when I get to the Channel, LOL (at least 500km away from the race location). Well, that's in the case I take the route to the coast, else I'm f****d because the next frontier is either the Mediterranean or Russia, ROFL.

Of course, if this happens I would say it was intentional and it's just me being so badass XD

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
            - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
            - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
            - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
            - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
            - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Thanks Bob!  Stay healthy and thank you for all your years of service! Smile

Thanks back at ya!

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.