*Any* activity streak widget (Read 637 times)

On my log summary page I can put a widget to track how many days in a row I've run.  And I can make another for biking.  However, as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to make a streak counter for any activity.  I find having the counter helps to keep me motivated and stick with my plan, but I'd like to start running 5 days a week, and biking the other 2...it'd be nice if I could have a streak counter that kept going as long as I did some sort of workout.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Clay

Completed:
    Half Marathon 12/08/07 in 3:00:57
    Marathon 12/13/08 in 6:07:00
    Half Marathon 12/12/09 in 2:40:15
    Goals:
    Half Marathon 12/12/09 in under 3 hours
    Marathon 12/11/10 without walking, except for water
      Not sure if I should make a new topic for this...it's about widgets.

Anyways, I've used the graph to display my runs for the week, and so it shows what type of run, how far, and on what day.  Now I know I can make an additional graph for biking.  I can also change the settings on my current graph to any activity, but that just shows if it was a bike or a run.  Can I have one graph, that shows my bikes, and my runs, with what specific type they are?

Completed:
      Goals:
        When you create a new graph, if you leave the Activity dropdown set to "Any Activity" it will give you a graph of all activities.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yes, but then it only says Run or Bike.  I'd like it to say Bike, Long Run, Easy Run, etc.
          Completed:
          Goals:
            Yes, but then it only says Run or Bike.  I'd like it to say Bike, Long Run, Easy Run, etc.

Yeah, you can't do that with multiple activity types. The sub types only show up when you select an activity type.

I can see why you would want to, but I can also see why you wouldn't. The graphing package eric uses has limitations, so you will have to see if this is something he can change.

Alrighty thanks.
              Completed:
              Goals:

an amazing likeness

I agree with your first suggestion -- I'd like the "streak" widget to be able to have more than one activity behind it.

I think what you want, you can get within an activity (as per sample below), but not across different activities.

When you go across activities, you loose the details for each individual activity:

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Yeah, that's the graph I have now.  It works well enough...multiple activities aren't a big deal.

edit:: And if you were looking at my log, it doesn't look like that, but it's only because I've just picked back up running, so I've only had one logged.

Completed:
                  Goals:
                    Yeah, that's the graph I have now.  It works well enough...multiple activities aren't a big deal.

You know you can do two (or more) graphs and put them all on your summary page, right?

This would at least give you everything in one place.

Yep I do.  I'll probably do that.
                      Completed:
                      Goals:
                      eric :)

Clay N,

I'll add any activity streak widget for the next release.

As for the graphs, the code will always group the data to keep the charts simple.  I don't plan on changing this behavior in the immediate future.

eric :-)