My Marathon Training (Read 1386 times)

Thanks for sharing all of that with us. I'm leagues behind and I found it very inspirational!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I really enjoyed reading your post, Berner. Must feel pretty awesome to look back on everything you have accomplished. Good luck at St. George. I look forward to reading your report.

Non ducor, duco.

WOW! That was really too cool and very inspiring!

Cattywumpus

What is a whole blueberry pie without vanilla ice cream on top? Very inspiring Berner! Smile

Runners run

Was it all a dream?

Nice work Berner. Way to do the longer midweek runs. Those are always tough.
            nkeliher

Running nut

That's crazy mileage. I was thrilled to get 40 miles in a single week during my(still ongoing) marathon training. May you clock a serious PB.
                bump! Can't wait to hear about the outcome....good luck from all of us in VL!

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, good luck there Berner.

Semi-back-at-it. 

Queen of 3rd Place

Best wishes, Berner, you're an inspiration! Arla

Ex runner

Dave

Today's the day, Berner. Can't wait for the race report!!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I want to again thank everyone who posted their support in this thread. Your well-wishes and predictions of success were a great motivator. I'm pleased to report that my training did pay the dividends that I hoped, and I ran a 3:14:37 at St. George this morning. That time qualifies me for Boston (with a 6 minute, 22 second cushion) and represents a new PR by exactly 15 minutes (which, you'll note is what I predicted in my original post Smile). I've posted a race report over in the Racing Forum, but I didn't want to leave this thread without thanking everyone for their support.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I want to again thank everyone who posted their support in this thread. Your well-wishes and predictions of success were a great motivator. I'm pleased to report that my training did pay the dividends that I hoped, and I ran a 3:14:37 at St. George this morning. That time qualifies me for Boston (with a 6 minute, 22 second cushion) and represents a new PR by exactly 15 minutes (which, you'll note is what I predicted in my original post Smile). I've posted a race report over in the Racing Forum, but I didn't want to leave this thread without thanking everyone for their support.
                          Holy smokes--15 minute PR! Nicely done, Berner. *off to read report*