hard track session (Read 531 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Just got back from the track, was a hard session. We did 6 x 2:30 min reverse which basically means run for 2:30, then return for 2:30, endeavouring to get back to where you started so you know you have evenly paced yourself. One minite rest. It was tough, but loved it, and was glad of the session as I need to do longer intervals for my 10k training. Anyhow, I averaged over the whole session, 6:25 per mile. I worked very hard, I need to know basically how this translates for my 10k pace and vo2 etc? I am unsure where to look. Did I work hard? It felt it. Before we started the coach said that we should aim to go at 10k pace as we may get too tired otherwise, but looking at my average pace, it is way quicker than whst I will be able to do at 10k. Having said that I havent done one in a while. what you guys think?

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009