503 Service Unavailable (Read 238 times)

mikeymike

I thought maybe you had finally put us out of our misery. Alas.

(j/k)

(kinda)

Runners run

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks, Eric. Much appreciated!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

eric :)

I thought maybe you had finally put us out of our misery. Alas.

(j/k)

(kinda)

I wish. I also wish that I can spend more time working on new features instead of constantly being forced to update  the back end code because some API RA relies on is being obsoleted. I have to do all the work without anything to show for it.

Lane

Eric: I understand it must be frustrating for you to work and have "nothing to show for it" but I hope you understand that if you never released a new feature again, I would STILL be super happy with your site.  Keeping the lights on is good enough for me.  In fact, I'm headed for the donate area right now...

I wish. I also wish that I can spend more time working on new features instead of constantly being forced to update  the back end code because some API RA relies on is being obsoleted. I have to do all the work without anything to show for it.

Prince of Fatness

When I donate each year I throw a few extra bucks in. And I still feel like I’m stealing. You care Eric, and 99.9% of the people here get it.

Thank you.

Not at it at all. 

morphex

Maybe log both the time it takes to fulfill an HTTP request and its parameters - and do the same for each db query?

Shouldn't be an expensive operation, and gives you a chance to see what happened afterwards.

DB hooks should be easy to find/create, don't know about the hooks for the HTTP request handling.

Hi all,

Ever since the move, the database would encounter an occasional spike in load. I don't know the cause of it and will continue to investigate. The load is so heavy that even logging onto the db server would take minutes. The web servers end up waiting for the queries to come back, and eventually stop accepting web requests because they ran out of db connections. The load balancers in turn would stop routing traffic to the "bad" web servers until no more web servers are available, then you'll see the 503 error.

Anyway, that's probably far more technical than what most people wanted. Regardless, I'll continue digging into the db load problem in the morning.

eric Smile

On Instagram at https://instagram.com/morphexx

On Twitter at https://twitter.com/blogologue

Blogging at http://blogologue.com

npaden

I had some problems uploading workouts over the weekend. (GPX files from runkeeper).   I tried about 6 or 7 times on Saturday and never could get it to load, it would act like it loaded but never showed up to save.  I tried again on Sunday and got them to load but still had a couple failures and the 503 error.

Not complaining, just letting you know that it seems to be affecting uploads as well.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Prince of Fatness

I've experienced periods of 503 errors throughout the day today.  Not sure if it is related to the login problem or not.

As a matter of fact it just happened to me while trying to post this message.

Not at it at all. 

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yep, just happened to me about 10mins ago.  503. :/

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zebano

FYI I see this but only on google chrome. Edge is fine and my mobile version of chrome is fine. Maybe the load balancer is doing something based on the user agent? Regardless it's rather strange.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Using Chrome all the time. Haven't seen a 5xx error in weeks.

Prince of Fatness

Safari on an iPhone. A few times a day the last couple of weeks.

Not at it at all. 

Safari on an iPhone. A few times a day the last couple of weeks.

+1

Dave