simple GPS running watch with countdown/repeat timer? (Read 81 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Greetings! Does anybody know of a simple GPS running watch (ala my ancient, trusty Garmin Forerunner 110) that also has a countdown/repeat timer (ala my trusty Timex Ironman 30-lap)? Most of my speedwork is timed interval repeats (e.g., 3 min hard, 3 min easy) and so I often end up wearing both my Forerunner and my Ironman because the former has no countdown timer.

They're both getting ancient and the Timex will need to be replaced any day. It would be nice to replace the two devices with one. Thanks for any suggestions!

--Christine

an amazing likeness

Most current Garmin Forerunners will countdown intervals (run & rest time) by time. At least the 2xx models and up do.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

GinnyinPA

The Forerunner 25 has a walk/run feature that I have used - 2 minutes hard/ 2 minutes easy or 4 minutes/2 minutes.  Unfortunately, you can't program the warmup separately, so I either just ignore the beeps while I warm up or stop the watch and start over when I want to do intervals.You would have to manually lap it to get your paces.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Thanks, you all!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Garmin just announced 3 new watches/activity trackers.  DC Rainmaker did a early review on the new Vivoactive 3.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/garmin-vivoactive-3-everything-you-need-to-know.html/comment-page-1#comment-2447049

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I'll check it out. Thanks! --Christine