Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon anyone? (Read 56 times)

Will be running the half in the morning. Good luck everyone!

I had a terrible nauseated stomach ache about halfway through the race. The only thing I could think that could have caused it was some bars I ate before the race or some new energy gels I was trying. Maybe I wasn't drinking enough water with the gels? 1st half of race I was on pace for 2 hours but dramatically slowed down last 4 miles or so. I was determined to finish and got 2:15:45. Oh well I may run a half in 1 month just to prove to myself I can do better! My second cousin traveled down and she ran the full marathon in under 4 hrs! Hope everyone had a better race then I had. My wife did great in the 5K.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

I should have checked this part of the forum over the weekend. I ran the half as well.

Bummer about your GI issues, but congrats on all the finishes. Especially your cousin, things were really hot and windy by that time!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

I am also thinking about trail races in Colgate, OK (1/2 marathon) in June to benefit the wild mustangs. Has anyone ran this? Also have different kinds of races (10K, Marathon, 50K)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Ha! I'm thinking about jumping into the 50k there myself. I've never run any of those races, though, nor do I know anyone who has.

Upcoming Races:

Bun Run 5k - May 4

I viewed some videos of it yesterday. Looks cool and everything but after looking at my schedule and all I am thinking now that the Scorcher 1/2 Marathon in Stillwater may be better. We'll see. I sort of want to run another 1/2 asap while I am still conditioned to do so and before it gets too hot.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Once again, I'm looking at that race as well! From the Strava segment for that race it looks pretty flat.

There is another half (Lionheart Run) in just a couple weeks that also looks to be pretty flat (and small), but it's not a USATF certified course if that matters to you.

Upcoming Races:

Bun Run 5k - May 4

I looked at about every races in the area vs my schedule and am thinking Scorcher is only 50 mins away and I think it is flat too. I am leaning to this one plus you can either pick up the packet at the race or at Red Coyote in OKC. You got till later this mo to sign up to get the tech shirt. I really want to improve my half time and am thinking that mustang trail run would be much slower (hills,terrain, etc). A friend of mine ran the Scorcher half a yr or so back and got a great time and 1st in his age group.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

The trail run would certainly be slower. My one doubt about the Scorcher being "fast" is that, well, it could be a scorcher that day. Sorry, couldn't help the pun.

Upcoming Races:

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Ok did you decide yet? Ran a 6.9 mile run this morning in 54 degs. Hopefully this cool weather hangs around 3 more weeks so the Scorcher 1/2 won't be a scorcher. Still have not signed up but am pretty sure I am gonna do it.  Let me know how you like the Mustang run if you do it.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

No, I haven't decided yet. Likely I won't until just before; certainly not before the Gusher Gallop (5/19), which I really think I'll run. Depending on the results of that race (or if I run it) that'll determine if I run the Scorcher at all and which race I would run.

Upcoming Races:

Bun Run 5k - May 4