Bloody Urine (Read 943 times)

*shrugs* As you like it Blush
      I'm a psychiatrist, so not a doc with lots of experience in somatic illnesses, but I clearly remember my professor in Urology, who used to stress that PAINLESS HEMATURIA always needs further inquiry. Probably it is something not so serious, but please, get that reassurance from a doctor, and not only from an internet forum.

Running in Belgium
      Ann

Smile I also have a doctor decree in a field in certain aspects similar to medicine, but I am not a doctor. Please, do check it with a doc, but until you see a doc do not be so anxious about this. There is always a probability that it is something serious, but it is much smaller then the probability that it is not. This is what I'm trying to say and I hope it makes you feel little bit better then 15+ "go to see a doc" comments. I have experienced, with few other guys, similar symptoms and in our case it has been quite harmless. Maybe I should quit commenting right here. Take care of yourselves! ...and do remember to have those annual medical checks Wink They really can save your lives.
          Please, do check it with a doc, but until you see a doc do not be so anxious about this.
          I disagree completely. I think panic is in order.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Ostrich runner

Well, I didn't panic or see a doctor. Probably I should have, but that's besides the point. Mine most certainly was not of the couple small drops order, nor was it entirely painless. Still, I haven't had any symptoms since and have managed to log a couple good runs. I should also stress that I was almost completely sure that running was the cause, and was actually even expecting it to happen because I remembered what it felt like from the previous time.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

The Greatest of All Time

<rant> This thread is a perfect example of why people should be careful about seeking medical advice over the internet from a bunch on non-physicians. When in doubt go to the doc I was always taught that blood in the urine was never a good thing, serious or not. The first time this happened to me I went to the ER, had a CT scan, learned it was a kidney stone and relaxed. No offense to the OP, but there is no way in hell I ever would have asked for advice on a damn running board of all places. Thankfully Trent hangs around here and is consistently the voice of reason. And what did Trent advise? Go to the doc. </rant> I hope you're OK.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.