Indianapolis Marathon (Read 771 times)

I feel as though I am the only person on this forum running Indy this year.  I know a few who are running Monumental but none that are running Indy.  So will I be the only person at this race or is anyone else on this forum running it as well?  I've run it quite a few times and I know others who on this forum have as well.  So my point is if you have any questions, about the race,  chances are we could answer them. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
    C-R

It's Indy. We're not that hard to figure out without Peyton calling signals. Oh wait. You were talking about running. Nevermind.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

So will I be the only person at this race

If you are, I'd start dusting off a spot on the mantle for the first place trophy.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Feeling the growl again

It's Indy. We're not that hard to figure out without Peyton calling signals. Oh wait. You were talking about running. Nevermind.

Something is seriously wrong in the universe when my former home team the Lions are 4-0 and the Colts are likely going to be 0-4 tomorrow...

BCR, we all ran Indy last year.  If I were in shape to justify a fall marathon I'd be doing Monumental.  Not that there is anything wrong with Indy, except their parking fiasco.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I guess I really just like the Indy course.  I've always had good runs on that course.  Most likely I just jinxed myself. 

I was not overly impressed with Monumental but then again I was pissed off from being 71 seconds short of qualifying for Boston when I ran it.  Pretty stupid to try and race two marathons three weeks apart.  That and the stupid 20 mile wind gust on the way back. 

I'm really disappointed you guys are not going to be there but I understand.  Indiana has a lot of fall marathons going on this year. 

• Sub 22  5K

Well imagine being a Patriots fan and losing to Buffalo only to have Buffalo lose the next week to the Bengals!  Does that make the Bengals better than the Patriots?

• Sub 22  5K

Feeling the growl again

Well imagine being a Patriots fan

I refuse to consider such a terrible fate, even in my dreams.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I refuse to consider such a terrible fate, even in my dreams.

Don't be a hater.  With the demise of your franchise happening you might want to consider other options.  I knew the day Philly signed Vick and Indy signed Peyton to extensions that they were headed for trouble.  The Pats would be crazy to give Brady another extension no matter what level he is playing at currently.   I think the next big mistake contract maybe that of Mr. Brees.  However, I would not bet against that guy.  Plus he is a little younger than Brady.  Mr. Rogers though I would back up the brinks trucks to keep.  He is only 27.

• Sub 22  5K
                  xor

Everybody is a last name except Peyton.

Feeling the growl again

Don't be a hater.  With the demise of your franchise happening you might want to consider other options.  I knew the day Philly signed Vick and Indy signed Peyton to extensions that they were headed for trouble. 

I'm not passionate enough about any major sport to truly be a hater.  I truly dislike Brady though.

So your strategy would be to not re-sign a future Hall Of Fame quarterback past a certain age?  It's easy to see the risk in continuing to not develop a replacement....and the difficulties in developing a replacement when you have such a star playing every game...but that sounds like a questionable strategy to me.

Feeling the growl again

Everybody is a last name except Peyton.

Easier to keep them straight when there are two Manning brothers in the same circles.

I have a coworker and over-the-top Colts fan with kids named Peyton and Eli.  Supposedly it was a coincidence, but I think not.

Yep train the heir apparent.  Patriots currently have Mallet as the backup plan.  Of course they may trade him for a #1 draft choice now that money is not the big issue with signing draft picks.

I think it is almost impossible to be a Brady and a Manning fan.  I can stand Manning as much as you can stand Brady.  They both are just awesome QB's though.  I think the best thing to come out of this injury is that it shows just how good Manning really is/was. 

I wouldn't have signed Manning because I think all of the signs were pointing to him being on the decline.  He had 17 ints last year and 16 the year before.  Plus he had the whole neck injury issue going on at the time.  Something just felt wrong. 

• Sub 22  5K

Feeling the growl again

Yep train the heir apparent. 

Training the heir, and releasing the current star, are not mutually exclusive options.

Who in their right mind would boot Brady or Manning to place all their bets on someone like Painter, who may or may not be an adequate long-term option?  The Lions have spent 20 years looking for a QB.

I would propose a better solution to be, rather than allowing your starting QB to play out every game, putting in your development QB when there is adequate lead in order to allow them to get some experience.

I don't know or care much about football though.

I may be wrong but Manning's contract was not up yet they just added years.  Brady's will be up in a few years.  While this happens they are grooming the heir.  I would not be surprised if Brady is not traded in two years.  I say this as a huge fan of Brady's.

Alas we are off subject.  So it is true I am the only one who will be at Indy.  I haven't had a trophy for a long time.  Spaniel what does the winner get?  <just kidding here>

• Sub 22  5K

I know that this is a diversion from the OP, and is also an attemp to divert from the original diversion, but....

Football is a chess match by the head coach, where the QB is a pawn within the match (as well as every other player that suits up).

As a chess master, it seems as if the potential for a two headed leader at QB would be optimal, to be able to weather the storm of a 16 game season.

I don't understand why college teams can have a dual QB system but the NFL teams are so dependent on a single QB leader that must "carry the team".

(I understand that the talent pool may limit enough great QB's).

Dang, I hate those chess matches.

October is baseball season, anyway. 

Hoping for Rangers vs. Detroit in a few days.  Go Tigers.  Go Rangers.

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life