RA Anniversary-When did you join (Read 294 times)

mikeymike

January 1st 2007. Haven’t missed logging a run since. Currently in my longest running hiatus since that day.

MTA: Who’s Eric? Wink

How's the recovery coming along?

I recently cleaned out a part of my basement and built a little pain cave where I'm gonna put a bike trainer. I decorated the wall I'm going to be facing with a bunch of old medals and bib numbers. The 2009 Bill Luti 5-miler of course made the wall.

Runners run

The Thunder

How's the recovery coming along?

I recently cleaned out a part of my basement and built a little pain cave where I'm gonna put a bike trainer. I decorated the wall I'm going to be facing with a bunch of old medals and bib numbers. The 2009 Bill Luti 5-miler of course made the wall.

Recovery is coming along. I’m not allowed to do much of anything yet...but I feel better than expected and I’m doing a little more than allowed, while trying to be cautious.

That Luti race was what it’s all about, squeezing out every drop....that’s what I’m trying to get back to. There’s still more juice.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

jeffdonahue

First logged run 12/31/2007 - also day one of my running streak.

Feeling the growl again

Since others say the Coolrunning invasion was 2007, I assume that's when I washed in.  I had a pretty detailed paper log habit so I don't think I transitioned to online running log until ~2009.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I joined August 2012 under my old account.

something happened a year ago i Changed names

lizardmn

7/7/2009 for me. Good to be back after too long of a hiatus.

Wingz

Professional Noob

First logged run...May 8, 2006. I still feel like a noob.

Definitely a noob.  

Roads were made for journeys...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

2011 here.  Bounce around in a bunch of exercise/running site before this.  Looking for better logging landed me here.  The forum was a huge boon to my marathon dreams.  The Swamp was a terrible curse.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Wingz

Professional Noob

2011 here.  Bounce around in a bunch of exercise/running site before this.  Looking for better logging landed me here.  The forum was a huge boon to my marathon dreams.  The Swamp was a terrible curse.

Somehow I have fond memories of the swamp... Much as I avoided it.  Go figger...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Wingz, oddly I have fond memories of you that predate RA.  Not sure why.  Maybe some other exercise forum. Perhaps you lead me here.  If so, thanks.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Definitely a noob.  

Wingz...I've missed you!!! How are you?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wingz...I've missed you!!! How are you?

It's been a rough 10-ish year hiatus.  Worth the ride, but man what a ride.  Nice to be back though.

How are you doing, Zoomy?

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wingz, oddly I have fond memories of you that predate RA.  Not sure why.  Maybe some other exercise forum. Perhaps you lead me here.  If so, thanks.

Hahaha!  No, perhaps that was someone else with this username on another forum?  I joined a bit before Zoomy, if memory serves.  I've deleted some of my oldest runs over the years... pretty sure the first ones were in Dec '05.  So maybe I was just one of the first people you saw here?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Probably around mid-2006ish?  Been away for a while.  Back a bit now.

I joined back in Nov. of 2010 when I started taking running seriously and reading anything I could at the time online. I can't pinpoint exactly what drove me here, but this site has been an incredible resource in the journey. I love that I joined the 1500 miles in 201X goal and completely forgot about it for several years. Seeing my progress from when I started to where I am currently is amazing.