Dietary Debauchery - Super Bowl party food (Read 1150 times)

Every year we have a number of people over for the typical Super Bowl party which, of course, includes the usual selection of dietary carnage.  I'm looking for something new to make this year and I figured I would see if anyone here had a favorite that lends it self well to watching football. 

Not sure if this could really be called a recipe but a favorite of mine to make is:

1. Take a package of the mini franks and wrap each in about half a slice of bacon and hold in place with a toothpick.
    2. To a gallon ziplock bag add some brown sugar and cayenne pepper and the hot-dogs -> shake to coat well
    3. Bake on a cookie sheet (350ish) (I usually shake a some of the brown sugar that didn't stick over them before baking) until cooked through and sugar has caramelized somewhat.

Yes, they sound wrong, but are so good!

Thanks for anything you share.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

I have a recipe very similar to that. It's called "Meat Candy". Big grin We're always expected to show up at parties with our jalapeño poppers. We brush them with raspberry chipotle sauce while they're grilling. That's a great flavor on the bacon. We also wrap fully cooked & peeled shrimp with bacon and grill them with the raspberry chipotle sauce. Good stuff.

Chicken wings cooked as directed in this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/unbelievable-baked-buffalo-wings-155021

but with this sauce http://www.food.com/recipe/top-secret-version-of-buffalo-wild-wings-asian-zing-sauce-335244

Of course, the usual Franks' RedHot Sauce with butter is a good too.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a longtime fan of the frozen Armour meatballs in a crockpot with grape jelly & chili sauce glaze.  I will sometimes add a can of chopped chilis and some minced garlic to this, too.  

I've also done little olive cheese balls.  They're green olives wrapped in dough made simply of flour, shredded cheddar, butter, and a bit of ground cayenne pepper, then baked.  Salty goodness!

And the aforementioned jalapeño poppers--that sounds really good to glaze them with something sweet!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Zoomy didn't mention fried cheese curds?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Am I doing this right?

We're doing New York style hot dogs and New York cheesecake.  

Hot roast beef sandwiches and Boston cream pie.

Those are the main things we are providing.  Of course, I'm sure everyone else will bring something too.  Can't even fast for a few days ahead of time as I have the Frostbite Four to run on Saturday.  (First race of the year for me).

No excuses....

jules2

I'm a longtime fan of the frozen Armour meatballs in a crockpot with grape jelly & chili sauce glaze.  I will sometimes add a can of chopped chilis and some minced garlic to this, too.  

Don't frozen meatballs damage your teeth? I should think they must have a similar texture to chobham armour. For the first time today I tried a recipe for Grits what with milk, butter, cream and lots of salt it wasn't quite the dish I expected as for some reason i imagined it was like hash browns but it was very nice I think next time I'll add cheese.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy didn't mention fried cheese curds?

The ONLY reason I don't own a Fry Daddy is that I KNOW I'd be making those several times/week... Blush

~ Sarah Kay

There's also the "Plop a block of cream cheese onto a plate, dump jalapeño jelly on top of it, and serve it with crackers" thing. People love that stuff.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, one of our favorites...Mexican Velveeta, cream cheese, chorizo, Rotel tomatoes.  Throw that shit in a crock pot, eat with Tostitos Scoops chips.

~ Sarah Kay

"run" "2" "eat"

ternt that picture is freaking me the hell out!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

ternt that picture is freaking me the hell out!

IK,R

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That spaghetti/hot dogs creation has been making the rounds on Pinterest, too.  Hot dogs with any pasta other than Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is sacrilege.

~ Sarah Kay

"run" "2" "eat"

i can't stop looking at it! ack!!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams