Tried to pay for a subscription... (Read 2113 times)

BeeRunB

Disappointing to see you're pulling back your posts, you had some valid concerns and insights.

I realized I was repeating myself, as I think I've brought up the better FAQ on many of the issues here and being upfront about account deletion (and being able to delete accounts and posts easily) several times before (always because I want to see Eric succeed here and I think the lack of these things might retard user growth--people are use to being able to control their accounts these days, even if some say it's an illusion). My impulse was to erase what I wrote, even though it had already been quoted. I've been in a creative head lately, and sometimes when I'm in that right brain I do things that make no sense--they're harmless, but they make no rational sense. I've been a member here ten years and plan to be until Eric either gets sick of it or sells it for a million, or both.

eric :)

Hi jimmyb,

Thank you for voicing your concern. I can delete accounts, but never exposed the functionality because it's toward the bottom of my list of things to do.  In my experience, people don't read.  Never mind a FAQ page, which RA had a long time ago but I phased out, people don't read what's on the same page. I think a well designed website would not need a FAQ.  I'm getting better at it, but there is plenty of room for improvements.

eric Smile

BeeRunB

Hi jimmyb,

Thank you for voicing your concern. I can delete accounts, but never exposed the functionality because it's toward the bottom of my list of things to do.  In my experience, people don't read.  Never mind a FAQ page, which RA had a long time ago but I phased out, people don't read what's on the same page. I think a well designed website would not need a FAQ.  I'm getting better at it, but there is plenty of room for improvements.

eric Smile

But the customer doesn't know you can delete accounts and often have to ask you publicly to do so, because there is no "CONTACT" link (not everyone knows coming in that Eric is the go to guy). In fact, all contact for help seems to be public, which might make some people feel exposed and not want to ask questions. No privacy when dealing with payment problems is not good for the success of a website. My website's customers would be horrified if I forced them to do so with any questions.

Perhaps, I'm an anomaly, but I always use FAQ before I make contact with support for help. I have had a website for about 18 years now, and even though it was all pretty simple from the getgo, I would get questions, exposing the holes that certain individuals (due to the different natures of how people perceive and process information) would eventually fall into. Fixing the hole always helped, of course.  After I posted the question and answer in FAQ (of course with no info about the customer), I was usually never asked again. I rarely ever have a problem or question. And according my website stats, people click the FAQ often enough and spend a little time there. Even the best designed websites can't account for all the different ways people perceive and process information.

In summary, I like that this website has remained simple in terms of there not being the all the bells and whistles like "Likes" and "downvotes" and "upvotes" and "friending" and trophies and gold, and that if someone wants to they can remain anonymous without hassle. I believe it would only help if not only the FAQ was more extensive, but there be  a visible contact link for private support for problems, the ability to delete one's own account and posts (right now, if you just overwrite the post with the word "deleted" or an x, the thread rises to the top--again drawing attention to the action and taking up the top spot when it was a deletion),  and when signing up the user gets a coupon for a free mushroom burger at Dairy Queen.

That last one was to see if you're paying attention and for comic relief.

That's it, Eric. I won't mention this stuff again. Although, who knows, I'm in the last quarter of my life and I could end up posting this many more times due to a withering hippocampus. If I do, please don't shadowban me. Just say "thank you, grandpa"—but not today. 

And thank you.

bulfrog

Mr Slowly

Hi Eric,

I've tried to pay for a subscription, but when I click the confirm button it brings up a message:

"Server error, No token" and nothing happens.

It's done this when using chrome, and internet explorer.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm missing or what's going on.

Cheers

Ironman, why be slow in 1 sport when you can be slow in 3

eric :)

Hi bullfrog,

There was a bug when dealing with international data.  The problem has been fixed.

eric Smile

Hi Eric,

I've tried to pay for a subscription, but when I click the confirm button it brings up a message:

"Server error, No token" and nothing happens.

It's done this when using chrome, and internet explorer.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm missing or what's going on.

Cheers

DaKine

no worries, bro, I paid for ya.

Awesome, now I'm also in the mood for a beer right now. Smile

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

mikeymike

Runners run

bulfrog

Mr Slowly

Hi bullfrog,

There was a bug when dealing with international data.  The problem has been fixed.

eric Smile

Hi Eric,

Just confirming that it all seems to be working now. Thanks for the fix.

Ironman, why be slow in 1 sport when you can be slow in 3