Just crossed the 600th mile (Read 815 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

After a couple of weeks off with shin splints, I was starting to wonder if I'd get this done, but I just finished up the run that put me over 600 miles for the year. I am amazed at what I got done in 2008: 1. I started running in April 2. Completed Couch to 5k and One Hour Runner programs 3. I ran 3 5ks, 2 10ks, 1 Half Marathon (plus a Turkey Trot with my son) 4. PRs were: 5k - 25:29 | 10k - 54:22 | HM - 2:03:28 5. Cholesterol dropped from dangerously high levels to normal 6. I lost 28 pounds (210 to 182) There are so many of you here that will never know how much your posts encourage me. Thanks for that. Hope we all have even better years in 09!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good Job Yapper.......thats a pretty impressive first year and a great start. I think there are some good things in store for you in 2009.....Big grinBig grinWinkBig grinBig grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks, John. Biggest lesson I learned in 08? Run lots, mostly easy. Can't wait to use that during 09.

Paul

PaulJ

Good job... Shocked Paul J
          theyapper

On the road again...

From one Paul J to another. Big grin

Paul

Dave

And sometimes hard. Congrats on a great year, Yapper. See you in 09.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Flat footer

Wow great job Paul! I know how you feel. We could be twins separated at birth... I ran 612 miles I started running in May I ran a bunch of 5Ks, did a 10k and a half marathon. My PR's were: 5K - 25:18 | 10K - 1:01:11 | HM - 2:08:18 I finally went to the doctors after 15 years I lost 30 lbs I hope the best for you in 2009. Now I have to go out and do some speed work. Seems you're faster then me Tongue
                theyapper

On the road again...

Wow great job Paul! I know how you feel. We could be twins separated at birth... I ran 612 miles I started running in May I ran a bunch of 5Ks, did a 10k and a half marathon. My PR's were: 5K - 25:18 | 10K - 1:01:11 | HM - 2:08:18 I finally went to the doctors after 15 years I lost 30 lbs I hope the best for you in 2009. Now I have to go out and do some speed work. Seems you're faster then me Tongue
                  Funny you said that, because I've noticed your profile many times and thought the same thing. Our years mirror each other in a very odd way, don't they? We're also the same age. I also have a racing pic that looks like your avatar. Maybe I should make it my av to complete the eeriness!

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

congratulations to you both gentlemen, and may many uninjured easy miles roll up before you Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey gumhead, I switched out my av. Is that weird or what? Notice the arm position, the facial expression. Too similar, huh?

Paul

Flat footer

Weird Big grin

Flat footer

My GF said it was freaky. We pretty much have the same goals for 2009 too.
                          theyapper

On the road again...

Wanna run Richmond together? We could wear matching bibs (well, except for the numbers).

Paul

Flat footer

I have an aunt that lives in Powhatan, so you it might be possible...

Another Passion

Well done, Paul! That's an awesome year! Continued good running in 2009.

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com