Instant breakfast, ensure, etc (Read 557 times)

finney

Resident pinniped

Yeah Trent, I know...eat food. Wink But assuming that my appetite is down after a run (which it is) and that I crave sugar after a run (which I do) and that I have a tendency to have a hard time maintaining weight (which I do), would having something like Ensure or a pouch of Instant Breakfast have any obvious down side to it? They have a good bit of protein when mixed with the milk, sugars, plus vitamins and about 300 calories, and it's quick and easy to chug down before a shower. Not to mention a LOT cheaper than similar drinks marketed especially for sports...
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A lot of folks, especially ultrarunners, use Ensure postrun. I personally prefer yogurt smoothies. Wink

The Greatest of All Time

A lot of folks, especially ultrarunners, use Ensure postrun. I personally prefer yogurt smoothies. Wink
        We should have a place to put our recovery recipes to keep from having to repost it all the time. Trent likes real food, I like protein powder and milk with a little dextrose (will cure your sugar craving). I can't eat real food after I run. Chocolate milk works too. For packaged meal replacement shakes I personally use Met-Rx.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Is Ensure real food? So so. Chocolate milk? Absolutely. Smile