2018 in 2018 Game Individual signup open for one more week (Read 305 times)

I don't think we ever made a rule, but I think back somewhere in the last few years the decision was that walk breaks are fine, but not just walking. Or something like that. I'm not the walk police. I feel like it's similar to the virtual race thing.

If it's all running or nothing, that would rule me out. Smile

The main thing though is that it has to be logged as "Run", or the mileage will not be recognized by Eric's program, correct? Some people might create a separate activity type for "Walk", which would not get picked up.

Dave

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The main thing though is that it has to be logged as "Run", or the mileage will not be recognized by Eric's program, correct? Some people might create a separate activity type for "Walk", which would not get picked up.

True.

paul2432

Is the signup open?  I tried to sign up but get a message that signup will not be available until 11/30/17. (it's 11/30/17 today)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Registration is open.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't think we ever made a rule, but I think back somewhere in the last few years the decision was that walk breaks are fine, but not just walking. Or something like that. I'm not the walk police. I feel like it's similar to the virtual race thing.

If it's all running or nothing, that would rule me out. Smile

I thought I recognized your name.

I think the consensus was that if the walking is an integral part of training then it would count, e.g. Gallowalking, walking incorporated as part of marathon and ultra training (time on feet), walking steep hills, etc.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

128 have signed up as of this morning.

Cowgirl58

Cowgirl58

I am signed up but was spaced and signed us as an individual, not for a team. Can someone fix it for me?

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I am signed up but was spaced and signed us as an individual, not for a team. Can someone fix it for me?

You can go back to the sign-up page and it will give you the choice of changing the miles and team/individual option as many times as you want until the deadline.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

149 have signed up so far.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Team signup ends in one week, midnight 12/25. Also known as 12am 12/26. Smile

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

167 have signed up.

I Runalot

Reformed Joker

I think the consensus was that if the walking is an integral part of training then it would count, e.g. Gallowalking, walking incorporated as part of marathon and ultra training (time on feet), walking steep hills, etc.

I had questions on the walk/speed part as well since my afternoon trails are usually a lot of climb and descent. I get slow but keep the HR up. Obviously my daily walking around my job wouldn't count. Seems like the dedicated part of training makes sense.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Just a little over 48 hours to sign up if you want to start the year on a team.

Just a little over 48 hours to sign up if you want to start the year on a team.

Argh! And make final decision on mileage goal! It would be easier if I wasn't starting the year injured. 

Dave

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Argh! And make final decision on mileage goal! It would be easier if I wasn't starting the year injured. 

Oh no! Hopefully you can pick a number that works for the first half of the year, adjust in June when we get our one change and still be in a good spot to work to that goal in half two.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.