RA makes you faster - 40 to 49 age group sweep at Good Times (Read 850 times)

We now have indisputable scientific proof that RunningAHEAD makes old guys faster. At the conclusion of the ten week series, Jay 'the Terminator' was crowned King Jaybar I, I took second and Tom 'the Stalker' took third. Great stuff, courtesy of RA. Jaybar was relentless in the second half of the series as he narrowed my lead each week. He passed me at week 9 and won going away. I felt like that beast in the persistence hunting video from youtube, he just ran me into the dust. If the series continued for another week or two, Tom probably would have passed me as well. The trend was pretty clear, the clock just ran out on him. Thankfully we get a week off before the start of the Summer series, a 5K a week for ten weeks takes a toll. At the end of the next eight weeks, the last man standing wins. evtish, jaybar and BadDawg celebrate their unfair competitive advantage with some cold ones

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Very cool, Eric should be proud. Nice job guys! Thanks for sharing BadDawg.
        Wow! Very cool! Great picture too. I can't wait to find out who the next last man standing will be.

Michelle

Run the race God set B4U

VERY COOL Smile GREAT PIC!!!!
          5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
            Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Nice pic! Thanks for sharing. Good luck on the next 8 weeks!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is so cool! Nice work, guys! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Nice job. Too bad I missed it.