My jeans almost fell down at the grocery store! (Read 811 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I had to go to the grocery store yesterday straight from the trailhead of an awesome trail run (but that's another story). I threw on a pair of jeans I hadn't worn in a long time, and went to the store. Well, these jeans were never very tight (bought them in my "70's Elvis" phase), but I discovered to my horror/delight that due to running-induced weight loss, they were now so loose they almost fell down to my knees in the store! I am glad I caught them when I did (and also glad that I hadn't gone commando). I had to loop my thumb through a belt-loop and hold them up the whole rest of the trip.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

LOL! Cool
      ---- Cynthia
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wish I had problems like that.... Actually, I am finding that I have to snug up my belt more than I did a couple of months ago, so my waist is smaller, but my butt and thighs are going nowhere fast. I'm probably losing fat in that region, but replacing it with muscle...which is nice, but I still look like a tank. So does this mean shopping trip for smaller pants? Nothing quite so fun as having to buy smaller clothes. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's great, Jeff. I had that happen to me 5 years ago or so, when I lost about 30 pounds. Except it happened to me at work, as I was standing up after a meeting with 8 or 10 other people. I was also glad that I wasn't commando that day. Like you, I had to use the thumb in the belt loop trick to make it through the day. It took a good week for the chuckling around the office to settle down. I look forward to it happening again! I'm not big on shopping, unless it's for gadgets, but I'll be happy to make a shopping trip to buy smaller pants! Thanks for the story!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?